Berwick Partners’ dedicated Local Government Practice supports local authorities, their associated arm’s-length bodies and agencies, and emerging delivery models to recruit the very best people from the very widest talent pools for the most important jobs.
Members of our team have personal experience of working within Local Government, Parliament, economic regeneration and FDI as well as broader Public Service. With over four decades of experience recruiting to senior roles, the Practice is well-placed to advise and deliver outstanding appointments to all tiers of Local Government.
We don’t just fish in other markets; Berwick Partners recruits to other markets and that profile, presence and reputation is increasingly being deployed to good effect for Local Government. High-calibre and well-regarded senior leadership appointments enable our clients to realise their ambitions to ensure high quality and efficient services for the communities and residents they serve.
We recruit across the following areas:
- Chief Executives
- Corporate Directors & Heads of Profession ‘Place’ based leadership roles encompassing Regeneration, Planning & Economic Development
- Adult Social Care, Children’s Services and Public Health
- Local Authority Controlled Companies, Arm’s-Length Management Companies and Special Purpose Delivery Vehicles
- Local Economic Partnerships & Combined Authorities
- Senior management appointments at the interface between Public and Private, Health and Care and commercialisation