• Our client is a manufacturer and a multi-channel supplier of innovative building products for domestic housing, commercial buildings and civil engineering projects. A market leader in the UK, and with annual sales of approximately £250m, the business is highly profitable and has a portfolio of well-known premium brands. This is a high-performing organisation that has grown its sales, profitability and margin consistently over the last 5 years.
• Part of a European-led group, the business supplies the UK and Ireland region - which are growing markets for the group’s European products. It has a multi-site network of production plants and sales offices, with a strong commercial and operational leadership team.
• The business is now looking to appoint a new Marketing Director to enable the business to expand into high-growth markets, whilst maintaining its leadership position with their existing brands.
• The Marketing Director will be responsible for the marketing strategy and function, with a strong team based across different sites. A key objective will be to increase the rate of introduction of new products from the group’s European businesses, to complement the UK’s product range.
• With regular travel across the company’s UK sites, your role will involve travelling to the group’s head office in Europe and will have direct involvement with customers in the UK. Part of the company’s senior UK management team you will also form a close link with your peers across Europe.
• With responsibility for product / brand management, new product introduction, digital marketing and CRM, and marketing communications, you will develop an effective strategy for each customer channel and oversee all joint marketing activity with the major merchant groups.
• You will be a high-performing multi-channel Marketing professional with experience of leading the marketing strategy and function within a large international B2B manufacturing organisation. This may have been gained within the building products environment or a related process industry, such as food and drink manufacturing. Additional experience of a B2C environment would be advantageous.
• Key strengths will be your team leadership and coaching capabilities, a proven track record in new product introduction within an international B2B manufacturing group, and the ability to work with European peers to share best practice and drive a consistent approach across all markets.
• You will be adept at working closely with an experienced multi-channel sales leadership team, developing a highly effective joint commercial strategy to grow sales and profitability. You will also possess the calibre and ability to grow your responsibility – either in a broader commercial role in the UK or internationally, or in a larger marketing role within the group.
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Partners; Jonathan Burke on 0113 386 8525.
In order to proceed with your application, please either:
Click 'Add to list' if you would like to look at other roles before starting to apply.
Click 'Apply Now' if you are ready to start now.