Joint Chief Information Officer (CIO)
London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust & Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Northwest London, South East England
Competitive salary & pension - Very Senior Manager (VSM) Salary Band
A customer and delivery focused joint Chief Information Officer (CIO) is needed to shape and deliver the future IT and Clinical Systems landscapes across these two large, dynamic and highly visible NHS Trusts. The Chief Information Officer (CIO) will be the senior leader responsible for the overall delivery of digital and informatics capabilities across London North West University and Hillingdon Hospitals Trusts. Combined, the trusts serve the needs of over 1.5 million patients a year and has a workforce of close to 15,000 people.
We have made great strides in beginning our move towards digital maturity recently, but we are ambitious to do more. The trusts are aiming to be fully paperless and to incorporate the rich use data, both in the way we run the organisations and directly in the way patients are treated. To this end, the trusts are embarking on an ambitious Cerner Electronic Patient Record (EPR) programme over the next few years. We now require a new joint CIO to deliver this vision and to lead on the digital transformation to meet the ambitions of both trusts and to ensure delivery of high quality and responsive digital services to the patients of Brent, Ealing, Harrow and Hillingdon.
Working closely with colleagues in clinical information, you will hold responsibility for IT and Digital across both Trusts, plus the ongoing delivery and adoption of technology enabled business change. The CIO will drive senior stakeholder engagement, both within the Trust and across the local and national health economies. You will also progressively lead an IT team of close to 300 people, plus manage a multi-million-pound annual budget.
We are committed to continuously improving outcomes for patients, tackling health inequalities and delivering the best value for money for the taxpayer. The CIO will play a key role in progressing our ambitious digital roadmap in ensuring digital inclusion and patient access to the local patient population.
• Take complete accountability for successful delivery of current and future IT & technology solutions and mission critical EPR programme. Devise a progressive IT & Digital strategy to ensure the trusts provide high-quality, innovative clinical care to patients.
• As the senior leader for IT and digital, build peer-to peer-relationships with senior clinical stakeholders and the leadership team across both organisations. Engage and articulate the art of the possible for digital, act as ambassador, seek advocates and opportunities to co-operate and pro-actively represent the organisation externally, ensuring the trusts are well represented in both the local and national health economy. Play an active role as part of the wider NWL Integrated Care System, in collaboration with other health providers, use digital technology to provide innovative ways of delivering healthcare and real time access to patient records.
• Provide strong functional leadership to the IT & digital teams, build confidence, increase capability and spearhead the adoption of contemporary digital methods. Further develop a professional IT & digital team culture which earns a reputation for innovative yet consistent delivery.
• An impactful, motivated, enthusiastic and dynamic senior IT and digital Healthcare leader, with the engagement, communication and relationship building skills to operate at the strategic level. You will have held senior level responsibility in a significant IT/Digital function and have the credibility to relate to board level organisational, clinical and external stakeholders.
• A proven leader of technology resource, with highly developed people skills, you will demonstrate the ability to build a compelling future vision for technology. An inspirational coach and mentor you should also bring demonstrable experience of maturing teams, driving professional development and introducing new ways of working.
• You will have demonstrable experience of developing and implementing digital strategies and managing the delivery of associated technical services, solutions and architectures. You should also demonstrate significant delivery of digitally enabled transformational change to business processes and systems, preferably of Electronic Patient Record systems.
In order to proceed with your application, please either:
Click 'Add to list' if you would like to look at other roles before starting to apply.
Click 'Apply Now' if you are ready to start now.