Beck & Pollitzer is a growing $150m Private Equity backed specialist industrial group offering an unparalleled range of engineering support services to a global customer base. With a strong value proposition, their capability is organised into four major areas:
• Machine Services (Installation & Assembly, Local & Global Relocations, Dismantling & Removals).
• Specialist Services (Metrology/Laser Tracking, Maintenance Support, Major Break Down Assistance, Commissioning Support).
• Engineering Management (Site Management & Supervision, Health & Safety Management, Planning & Project Control).
• Engineering Services (Piping Design & Installation, Electrical Design & Installation, Steelwork Design & Manufacturing).
The company has continued to expand to ensure it can provide local support to international clients wherever they are investing in manufacturing facilities. As a result, they have delivered projects in over 50 different country locations. Today Beck & Pollitzer employ more than 1000 people, of which 700+ are engineers, in 24 locations world-wide.
Further information can be found at: www.beck-pollitzer.com
Each country operation in Beck & Pollitzer is run by a General Manager who oversees day to day activity and leads operations in line with group strategy. Due to an internal promotion, the organisation is seeking a new leader in the UK. Working with a diverse industry base and blue-chip customers you will:
• Provide strong operational leadership to the business across all service lines.
• Be P&L responsible for the successful delivery of all major projects within the country.
• Understand and drive the financial situation of the operation including forecasting, budgeting and cash flow.
• Develop the operational model to deliver future growth and expansion.
• Ensure the organisation complies with all HSE and legal requirements, promoting a safety-first culture at all times.
You will be a proven P&L leader with experience of heading up a business (or large business unit) as an operational manager or other senior role in an engineering, manufacturing or construction services organisation.
You will have:
• Outstanding operational and project management skills with a proven track record of profitable success of major projects.
• Exceptional leadership and people skills, with the ability to build employee engagement across a team of c.200 people.
• Strong focus on customer service and health and safety.
• Track record of growth in the businesses you have overseen.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
The successful candidate will be strategically and commercially adept, bringing strong team building capability and emotional intelligence. You will be articulate, detail orientated and able to influence best in class performance from those around you.
Beck & Pollitzer UK has a transport operation in Bilston, and service depots in Burton upon Trent, Oldham, Chippenham and Boldon. It is preferable for the General Manager to be based from Dartford or Burton upon Trent, with extensive travel around the internal facilities and customer sites expected.
An excellent base salary is on offer with benefits that include a bonus and a company car.
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Partners:
+44 121 654 5920
+44 7793 529 579
In order to proceed with your application, please either:
Click 'Add to list' if you would like to look at other roles before starting to apply.
Click 'Apply Now' if you are ready to start now.