Malton Estate has been part of the Fitzwilliam Estates since 1713 and is a high profile and important part of the overall business which also includes the Milton Estate at Peterborough, the Wentworth Estate in South Yorkshire and the Nantclwyd Estate.
Most of the commercial properties in and around the town centre of Malton (totalling over 250 units) are owned by the Estate, as well as over 150 residential properties and 1,000 acres of urban fringe agricultural land. Known as “Yorkshire’s Food Capital”, Malton has been transformed by the Estate through various initiatives aimed at rejuvenating the town’s economy. The Estate is looking to continue this positive influence and ensure that Malton becomes a location of choice. This will be done through carefully considered asset management, property development and building on a growing reputation as “Yorkshire’s Food Capital”.
For more information, please refer to www.maltonestate.co.uk
The Head of Estate will report to the newly appointed CEO of the Fitzwilliam Estates. They will be responsible for the day-to-day running of this mixed, market town, property portfolio as well as the strategic enhancement of its assets and the long-term success of the town. They will do this through:
· Effective and sensitive leadership of the Estate team which consists of a Commercial Property Surveyor, Building Surveyor, Assistant Building Surveyor, Residential Letting Manager and Team Assistant.
· Working with Tom Naylor-Leyland to promote the town, building on the success of the Food Town initiative.
· Forming positive relationships with local organisations, authorities, businesses and associations.
· Improving established revenue streams through asset management and identifying new ones through carefully considered property development, commercialisation and diversification.
· Review of estate assets and creating strategies and business plans for the management and development of the Malton Estate.
· Clearly communicating plans, and reporting regularly, to the CEO and Family.
· Engaging with gravitas, confidence and emotional intelligence with tenants (commercial and residential) and all those in the community.
· Deliver on projects – ensuring they are to cost, time and quality thereby ensuring returns and enhancing this historic town.
In order to carry out all that is required, the successful candidate will be a Chartered Surveyor with significant experience in property asset and development management. They will have managed a team of surveyors and have, at the very least, an appreciation of ‘rural ways’. Importantly, the Head of Estate will know how to relate, engage and work with the broad spectrum of people and businesses in this thriving and ambitious town, ensuring its future.
How to Apply
If you are unable to apply online please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will receive an automated response.
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Partners.
Associate Partner, Head of Real Estate & Family Office
Tel: 0207 529 6301
Closing date for applications: 30th October 2020, 12pm
In order to proceed with your application, please either:
Click 'Add to list' if you would like to look at other roles before starting to apply.
Click 'Apply Now' if you are ready to start now.