• Our client is a leading UK designer, manufacturer and supplier of project lighting and controls to the commercial, workplace, education, healthcare, retail, outdoor and industry sectors.
• With its own large, modern and well-invested production plant, the company generates annual sales of over £50m, and has 385 employees based across its head office and manufacturing facility in Manchester, as well as a sales office in London.
• Part of one of Europe’s largest lighting groups, the company is renowned for its lighting compliance and excellence, as well as its ability to provide specialist value-engineered products to end-users.
• The Sales Director - Vertical Channels will lead a specialist sales team, each responsible for winning projects in their own specific sector, within the healthcare, education and industrial markets.
• Reporting to the MD, you will be part of the management board, sitting alongside peers in sales, design, production, finance and HR.
• Your goal is to deliver sales growth, through the leadership and coaching of your team. As a ‘player-manager’ you will have your own sales target, as well as being responsible for the development of a team of 4 sales professionals.
• You will be a proven sales leader with a track record of success within a proactive and business development-led environment – where the commercial focus is more aligned to selling a solution, or project capability, rather than just a product.
• This experience is likely to have been gained within the building products sector. This could include similar electro-mechanical products, such as HVAC controls and access and security systems, as well as other types of building products. Whilst the client is open to considering people from the lighting industry, they are also interested in candidates from allied sectors to help introduce new ideas and ways of working.
• With an understanding of selling to specific market channels, you will be comfortable in a role that requires you to be in the field with your team and customers. You will be a strong coach and mentor to your team, able to motivate and drive people to achieve their targets.
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Partners; Jonathan Burke on 0113 386 8525.
In order to proceed with your application, please either:
Click 'Add to list' if you would like to look at other roles before starting to apply.
Click 'Apply Now' if you are ready to start now.