• Our client is a Europe-wide manufacturer of industrial consumables for the global automotive, aerospace, construction, and industrial markets. With a portfolio of highly branded products, the business supplies a diverse customer base that requires value-added, differentiated solutions.
• Part of a global division with sales of more than £1bn, our client is a c£100m turnover business, with manufacturing and warehouse operations across the UK (West Yorkshire), Germany, Denmark, France, Spain and Poland. It sells through a combination of direct and distribution channels and has operating margins in excess of 20%. It differentiates through leading brand positions, technology and innovation, and strong focus on specific niche opportunities.
• The parent group is one of the world’s most admired companies. Headquartered in the USA, it is an NYSE listed Fortune200 business, which reported revenues in excess of $10bn in 2019. With over 40,000 employees across the globe, it is a leading diversified manufacturer of specialised industrial equipment, consumables and related service businesses.
• Reporting to the Europe VP & GM, the Divisional Operations Director will have full operational responsibility (operations, sourcing and health & safety) for 6 manufacturing and 3 warehousing sites. With 6 direct reports, and 150 employees, the role is accountable for each site’s performance for safety, quality, cost and delivery.
• The role is set in the context of a business with successful brands with good market share that are charged with delivering sustainable organic growth in the range of 3-5% p.a. over the next 3-5 years.
• With a degree in an engineering or science discipline, you will be a talented and ambitious manufacturing operations executive who thrives on the pursuit of long term, sustainable enterprise-wide excellence.
• You will have proven experience of a site, or multi-site, manufacturing leadership role – with responsibility for safety, quality, cost and delivery.
• An expert in LEAN implementation with a track record of delivering measurable results, your sector experience will be within technologically differentiated products, with an understanding of a complex, diverse industrial business with different application segments.
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Partners; Jonathan Burke on 0113 386 8525.
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?