The Heart and Lung division, which is a part of WTWA, employs approximately 1300 staff working across 13 Wards, various Out Patient settings and its own suite of Cardiothoracic Theatres. Each Directorate has a management team led by the Clinical Director, Directorate Manager and Matron. The Directorate management teams are supported by Deputy Clinical Directors, Operational Managers and Ward Managers.
You will work closely with your team with within the Heart and Lung Division and also with colleagues from Medicine and Surgery to ensure consistency of approach and effective cross-divisional working. Wythenshawe Hospital has a long-standing national reputation for its Cardiac services. It is one of five centres providing Heart and Lung Transplants in the NHS.
Lung Services are also recognised as national centres of excellence hosting the National Aspergillosis Centre and for piloting the CURE project and Lung Health Checks in North Manchester. The service has won many national awards including the Cancer Care Team of the Year Award – British Medical Journal (BMJ) Awards 2019.
Join us and you will have the opportunity to work with some of the best people in the NHS who are key to our success, both now and in the future. We are united in our values, purpose and commitment to the patient and our drive for continual innovation and improvement.
• As Divisional Director you will be responsible to the Director of Operations for the direct delivery of all patient services within the Division.
• You will ensure that all operational performance targets, including waiting lists, finance, workforce, the quality of services to patients and improving services towards best practice standards within available income are achieved.
• You will as Divisional Director work closely with the Divisional Clinical Head, the Head of Nursing, HR and Finance, Clinical Directors, Directorate Managers, other Divisions, Directors and Corporate Directorates to achieve WTWA objectives and will be expected to make a positive contribution to the provision of health services across the Group and the local health and social care economy.
• In conjunction with the Divisional and WTWA colleagues, agree Local Plans relating to capacity and efficiency and be responsible for implementation of changes agreed in negotiations, delivering agreed activity levels to enhance performance.
• You will have a strong operational background in complex acute environments and have demonstrable experience of driving through ambitious targets and continuous performance improvement.
• You will be a driven individual that can have a substantially positive impact to improve all constitutional standards in a challenging environment ensuring that quality and patients at the heart of delivery.
• You will contributing to our open culture you will be a hands-on leader, someone that can lead by example and that will thrive in a complex, fast paced and challenging environment demonstrating what good looks like.
If you believe you have the drive, ambition and vision to take forward MFT’s exciting plans we will ensure that your development and career aspirations are supported and exceeded.
Contact Odgers Berndtson, our recruitment partner for further information and a full candidate brief about the role:
• Lee Mitchell at Lee.Mitchell@odgersberndtson.com or call 020 7518 2686
• or email Helen Childs at Helen.Childs@odgersberndtson.com
Closing date: 18th of February
Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust is committed to being an employer of choice that recruits and develops staff fairly so that talented people choose to join, remain and develop within the Trust. Our aim is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels and we therefore positively welcome applications from the diversity of population we serve. Equal opportunities is a key guiding principle to all our work including that our recruitment practices provide equal access to all.
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?