Having experienced significant success in achieving its objectives thus far, they continue with their journey of transformation, broadening their scope, working in more countries than ever and providing holistic systems solutions as opposed to dealing with individual problems.
A requirement for a Finance and Commercial Director has arisen, to join the leadership team and help drive the strategic direction of the organisation, supporting the continued transformation of the business as it continues its exciting journey.
Reporting to the CEO, the Finance and Commercial Director will be responsible for providing strategic leadership of the financial and commercial functions, risk management and financial performance of the organisation.
You will be charged with overall financial and commercial management through monitoring business performance, ensuring adherence to appropriate governance regulations and ensuring business operations effectively support the strategic direction and delivery requirements.
You will lead a finance team, a commercial team and an operations team which includes IT, infrastructure, digital and the project management system. Playing an important role in shaping the future growth and direction of the organisation, you will have the ability to challenge the status quo; bringing credible expertise and insight.
The appointed individual will be a credible, experienced Finance Professional;
• Hold a recognised accountancy qualification, i.e. ACCA, CIMA, ICAEW or CIPFA.
• Experience of leading high performing teams and successfully implementing positive change at an organisational level.
• Be a credible business leader and role model, possessing excellent collaborative skills, evidenced by examples of positive impact.
• Have demonstrable experience of accountability for the financial and commercial performance of a large division or across a whole organisation.
• Be able to demonstrate a track record of creating and delivering effective and high impact strategies.
• Have the ability to influence and commercially negotiate and provide examples of this resulting in increased impact and/or income.
• Ideally there will be an understanding of the workings of UK government and the challenges and opportunities.
• Some experience of working internationally with governments and international organisations.
• Experience of negotiating funding agreements with governments, businesses, international organisations and trusts/foundations.
We are seeking an individual with a high degree of emotional intelligence who can operate in a positive, forward thinking culture, able to motivate and challenge those around them. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a hugely interesting organisation making a positive impact on society.
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Partners.
0161 498 3418
07811 976 350
Closing date for applications: Closing date Friday 7th February 2020
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?