However, the impact of these projects runs well beyond sport, into health, education and justice, providing benefits such as socialisation, inclusion, community cohesion, dealing with anti-social behaviour (i.e. giving young people something to do), mental health and general wellbeing.
The Football Foundation has experienced first-hand the extraordinary power of a pitch and understands the positive impact that football has, wherever and however it is played. The Foundation’s goal, therefore, is to champion and support fair access to quality football facilities for everyone, regardless of postcode, gender, race or disability to improve lives and strengthen communities.
The key responsibility for the Football Foundation Finance Director is to provide trusted advice to the CEO and Senior Management Team and develop the strategic and financial direction of the organisation, supporting the Executive, Board and Funding Partners to identify, evaluate and exploit opportunities for growth.
The Finance Director will ensure that financial policies and procedures are regularly reviewed and implemented accordingly, so that the organisation delivers best practice and high-quality business partnering. Additionally, he/she will direct and manage the Finance Team, developing the vision for Finance and leading a best-in-class capability.
• Direct day-to-day accounting operations. Lead the end-to-end interim planning and year-end external audit process.
• Lead the annual budgeting and planning process. Prepare, analyse and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; review all financial plans and budgets.
• Manage the organisational cash flow and forecasting. Develop and manage the annual cash investment plan in line with the Financial Management Policy, maximising financial returns whilst satisfying weekly grant and operational cash flow requirements.
• Ensure all financial practices and accounting applied is in line with current statutory regulations and legislation.
• Act as Company Secretary.
• Lead, direct, mentor and support the Finance (and wider) team, creating a positive working environment in which staff can do their best, and developing an effective, high-performing team.
• Support the CEO on matters relating to the strategy and management of the Football Foundation for continued improvement and success.
• The ideal candidate will be currently successful in a finance role, in any sector. The candidate will have a professional accountancy qualification (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with 6+ years of post-qualified financial and operational management experience.
• Experience of delivering strategic, financial and performance services to an organisation.
• Experience of leading and developing a high performing Finance team, driving change and managing and evaluating performance and level of business partnering service.
• Experience of company and charity financial reporting requirements (including FRS SORP 102).
• Experience of leading an end-to-end external audit process.
• Ability to provide strategic leadership, including the ability to think and plan beyond organisational boundaries.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and report writing skills; excellent IT skills, including advanced level in Excel, PowerPoint and computer-based accounting packages such as Dimensions and Sage.
• Ability to manage budgets and resources effectively.
• Ability to lead and deliver complex internal and Funding Partner projects with minimal guidance.
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?