Tower Hamlets Community Housing (THCH) was formed in March 2000 and now manages more than 3,000 homes (two thirds rented and one third leasehold) in the western side of Tower Hamlets, covering Spitalfields, Bethnal Green, Stepney, Shadwell and Wapping.
THCH are a progressive housing association that couple excellence in customer service with that of a sound business model underpinned with robust control. Having recently regained G2 status they are working hard to achieve G1 status within ambitious timelines.
Based in the heart of Tower Hamlets, THCH are deeply embedded in the community and provide support in the provision of local services beyond housing.
The Director of Resources role is a key figure in the Executive Team and will be responsible for the development and delivery of the THCH vision, strategy, business plan, corporate plan and budget with the underlying requirement of achieving and improving standards.
It will have a broad and challenging stakeholder pool and will seek to lead and advise at the highest level. It will take ownership of the implementation of controls and drive a culture of continuous improvement. The role will build a partnering lead relationship approach embedding the resources functions within the broader organisation’s decision making.
Key areas of responsibility:
• Providing corporate leadership
• Business planning, accounting and financial strategy
• Funding and treasury management
• Risk - management and compliance
• IT and Procurement
• Performance and Organisational Management
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to take ownership and shape the value provided by the THCH Finance, IT and Procurement functions. As such it requires the gravitas and passion to make it happen, the interpersonal capacity to engage colleagues on the journey and the technical skill set to deliver it. This represents an excellent lateral move or a step-up opportunity for a high calibre individual.
• Hold an appropriate finance qualification
• Have operated at Controller or Head of within a Housing Association
• Have worked within a high performing finance function where best practice is the norm
• Have been the driver of change and business partnering
• Have owned the production of both financial and management accounts
• Have treasury management experience
• Have considerable managerial experience
For further information and details on how to apply, please visit www.berwickpartners.co.uk/74164
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Partners
Senior Researcher, Financial Leadership Practice
Direct line: +44 (0) 161 498 3418
Consultant, Financial Leadership Practice
0207 367 9753
Closing date for applications: 18th October 2019
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?