With over 52,000 businesses generating £29bn per year, Lancashire has a thriving economy. The county is a recognised world-leader in aerospace, advanced engineering and manufacturing, energy, and higher education excellence. Two hours from London by train, linked to the rest of the UK by five major motorways, and to the rest of the world via Manchester and Liverpool airports, Lancashire is the place for growth.
The Lancashire Enterprise Partnership (LEP) is a creative collaboration of leaders from business, universities and local councils, who direct economic growth and drive job creation. The region’s business base is broad and buoyant, with thriving towns and cities as well as excellent schools, colleges and universities.
As our new Chief Executive, you will work closely with the Chair, Board and partners to provide high quality leadership and support to the Lancashire LEP and its associated public and private sector partner organisation’s in understanding, setting and driving the strategic direction for the economic growth of the Lancashire area and to ensure the delivery of its strategic priorities.
This will include the development and implementation of strategies and initiatives that support delivery of the organisation’s priorities and growth plans. These include increasing the levels of job creation and inward investment into Lancashire, shaping Lancashire’s economic narrative and infrastructure and supporting the regional delivery of national economic policy.
Lancashire LEP is looking to appoint a new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) who can lead the company at what
is a critical and exciting time in its development. We are seeking candidates who understand and are
highly credible with the commercial sector and who are passionate about place making and Economic
Development and the role they play in helping shape the future of Lancashire.
Our new Chief Executive will be able to demonstrate:
• Significant commercial credibility and experience of working Experience of working at a corporate level within or closely with the Private sector.
• Evidence of successfully using high level skills to transform strategic vision into reality by attracting private and/or public sector funding to deliver economic development.
• A proven track record of successfully managing, promoting and developing complex partnerships and/or joint ventures which have delivered tangible results.
• Evidence of a well-developed knowledge and understanding of the strategic issues around sustainable economic development and place making.
• Evidence of success in motivating people and brokering collaborative working relationships with a range of key stakeholders, including engagement with local communities, building partnerships across traditional organisational and sector boundaries.
• Evidence of success as an organisational ambassador.
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Partners
D: +44 121 654 5912
M: +44 779 352 9576
D: +44 121 654 5936
M: +44 7811 976392
Closing date for applications: Friday 22nd November
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?