• Military and emergency service uniforms.
• Leather effect membranes for children’s school shoes (50% of all school shoes sold in the UK have PIL membranes).
• Sport and leisure footwear, garments and accessories.
• Motor biking equipment.
• Technical, industrial clothing (including anti-static and fire and chemical retardant garments).
• Printing blankets for decorating pre-formed rigid tins and containers, such as yoghurt pots.
The company are focused on developing their presence in existing markets and diversifying into high growth specification led product environments that can benefit from their porous and microporous materials expertise. To help achieve this a new R&D Director to lead the technical team is being sought.
Worldwide market opportunities, coupled with the company’s excellent reputation and appetite for growth, means that the new R&D Director will join at an exciting time for PIL Membranes Ltd. Launching new products into the market will be vital to ambitious future plans.
The R&D Director will be responsible for:
• Leading and developing the current technical team, including the Technical Service Manager, Lead Scientist and their supporting teams.
• Providing both hands on oversight for the technical function and support for the strategy of the wider business.
• Providing creative input to ensure the right product solutions are invested in and brought to market.
• Ensuring rigorous accountability for achieving individual and company objectives.
The R&D Director must demonstrate the ability to work across all functions as this role is integral to all parts of the business. The ideal candidate will bring:
• Technical understanding in chemistry/polymers (with the requisite Degree level education).
• Expertise in successful leadership of small technical teams.
• A track record of New Product Development.
• Experience working in chemistry, chemical process or related product R&D.
• Corporate discipline but also an agile and entrepreneurial mind-set.
• Change orientation and ability to work with pace.
This role requires an individual with the emotional intelligence to engender commitment, drive and enthusiasm from colleagues. They will need to have the upmost integrity, a transparent style of leadership and well-honed communication skills to collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders.
The R&D Director will need to live within an hour of the site in King Lynn. An excellent base salary plus benefits package including generous employer-matched pension, and a discretionary bonus is on offer.
All applications will receive an automated response.
If you have any queries or would like more information regarding this document, please contact:
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?