Imperial is a global top ten university with a world-class reputation in science, engineering, business and medicine (ranked #9 in the QS World University Rankings 2019). Imperial is home to approximately 8,000 staff, over 17,000 students and every year we award over 6,700 degrees. With its main base in South Kensington, further campuses across London including a major new development in White City and staff based in major London Hospitals, the College has a profound impact on the world.
• Operate as the strategic leader for all aspects of information technology ‘run’ and change’, providing strong functional leadership and harmonising the teams whilst driving clarity of responsibility and process.
• Create an aligned IT strategy and architectural roadmap to deliver a rapid enhancement in IT systems performance and the quality of the IT ‘customer-experience’.
• Inspire a user-centric culture, creating an IT team that is both easy to engage with and that has a reputation for consistent, reliable and outstanding delivery.
• A solution-focused leader with a demonstrable depth of high-level IT architecture knowledge, able to understand the needs of a diverse organisation and to create an exemplary IT service.
• An impactful leader; politically attuned with the both the gravitas and attitude to proactively build relationships with a wide-range of challenging senior stakeholders.
• An outstanding and enthusing communicator with proven ability to inspire large-scale IT teams. You will have a demonstrable track record of building high-performing teams, driving clarity of role and responsibilities and of adopting contemporary IT disciplines.
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Odgers Berndtson.
Principal Consultant – IT Leadership Practice
0161 498 3409
Closing date for applications: 29th September 2019
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?