The College seeks to appoint a new Development Director to oversee its alumni relations and fundraising strategy. Reporting to the Master, Dr Pippa Rogerson, the new Director will lead a development programme which embraces fundraising and alumni relations, ensuring it continues to evolve to meet the needs of alumni and Supporters.
• Review and refine the College’s Development and Alumni Relations Strategies, taking account of best practice across Cambridge and in other peer institutions and maintaining a close understanding of international trends.
• Identify, research, cultivate and solicit principal and major prospects through face-to face meetings.
• Steward existing major donors through individual meetings, reports and regular communication, and ensure good stewardship of all College donors and volunteers.
• Implement and manage an ongoing programme of alumni relations activities and communications with the objective of increasing participation and utilising information technology and social media.
• Liaise with other departments, such as the Tutorial, Catering, Housekeeping and Bursary, to ensure effective coordination and good relationships between the Development Office and other parts of College.
• Set the annual priorities for the Development Office and manage its work to achieve its short-term targets within its strategic aims.
• Manage the Development Office team, comprising a deputy and six other members, ensuring career and personal development.
• Proven track record in institutional development, ideally within Higher Education.
• Proven influencing and negotiating skills, ideally including a track record of success in fundraising.
• An excellent understanding of fundraising, alumni relations and communications in a Higher Education context.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent organisational, leadership and interpersonal skills.
• Enthusiasm and support for the academic ethos and aims of Gonville & Caius College.
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Partners; William Pringle or Leia Clancy on 020 7529 3090.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 24th July
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?