We are working with one of the United Kingdom’s oldest private banks, whose executive leadership team are looking for a Head of Strategic Sourcing & Vendor Management to join the business in central London. The individual will be responsible for improving its strategic performance and capability, creating a best in class business enabling function.
Reporting to the CFO, the successful candidate will:
• Lead and execute company-wide sourcing activities driving value creation in ~£30m supplier cost.
• Work with the business to newly identify and develop strategic vendor relationships in those areas where the bank does not have (and/or has no appetite for) in house expertise.
• Lead and execute short and long-term strategic sourcing plans, ensuring the function acts as an enabler for the company’s goals.
• Work collaboratively with the stakeholder community to ensure that strategic sourcing’s input is integrated into major corporate decisions and initiatives.
• Lead the governance process in onboarding and the ongoing management of supplier relationships and strategic partnerships.
• Maintain the bank’s policy and procedures for supplier relationship management, including risk assessment and supplier onboarding, ongoing relationship management and exiting relationships. This includes categorisation of suppliers and design of procedures appropriate for the type of supplier, i.e. a risk based and proportionate approach.
In person, the Head of Strategic Sourcing & Vendor Management will have:
• Demonstrable experience of developing and executing sourcing strategies and collaborative partnerships with suppliers, which align to the needs of the business.
• Willingness to challenge senior management thinking on key sourcing issues, looking at new and innovative methods of doing things.
• Solid analytical and negotiation skills. Able to define and understand the most critical issues.
• Effective communication, presentation and facilitation and influencing skills, managing senior internal and external stakeholder and suppliers.
• Professional and ethical at all times.
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak to:
07736 920 739
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?