Vitality offers better care, in the form of award-winning private medical insurance (PMI). We also put an equal focus on better health, by helping clients stay healthy. This combination of bringing the two together into one truly integrated offering is the real power of Vitality. As customers benefit from better health, it enables them to share some of the insurance savings that emerge in the form of better product benefits and incentives – fuelling a virtuous cycle.
We are now looking to appoint a new Head of Healthcare Providers. This role is one of the most critical in our business and is key to upholding the ongoing quality and economic viability of the healthcare partnerships for the benefit of VitalityHealth clients and will report to the Clinical Operations Director.
The ideal candidate will be a seasoned professional healthcare leader with the ability to build strong relationships and to proactively manage those whilst tenaciously negotiating the best value proposition for our customers. A driven, focused and diligent approach will ensure success in this role.
• Senior engagement with the leading healthcare providers in the UK market to maintain relations, drive supplier performance and engage on mutually beneficial engagements to improve member experiences, pathways and manage costs.
• Development of contractual documentation and standards in partnership with the legal and clinical functions, to ensure provider outcomes and economically viable commercial terms are mandated.
• Management of hospital services teams, setting objectives, overseeing performance and driving employee development and achievements to ensure hospital services contributes positively to key departmental outcomes.
• Drive innovation in internal processes, through senior engagement within Vitality to ensure contractual requirements are met.
• Work in partnership with the clinical policy teams in reviewing new medical developments that may become eligible, ensuring claims fund impact is managed and understood by the business.
• Substantial previous experience of contractual negotiation/application in a senior role.
• Co-ordination in both clinical complex operational environments.
• Previous experience managing multiple, diverse teams.
• Track record of implementing significant and successful change initiatives/projects/programmes.
• Experience in engaging with and influencing all levels of internal and external organisations including CEO level.
You’ll be heavily data-savvy, a potent but fair negotiator, and able to work with all types of people and personalities across multiple complex stakeholder types to get the outcomes you want. Above all, the right candidate will possess a desire to work in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to consistently deliver exceptional results on demanding timelines. Travel will be required, typically on a fortnightly basis, between our different UK office locations and to provider sites at least 15% of the time.
For further information and details on how to apply, please visit www.berwickpartners.co.uk/72680
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Partners; Lee Mitchell on 0207 518 2686.
Closing date for applications: Midday Monday 5th August
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?