The need is for a Finance Director with the vision, skill and strategic insight to ensure that they gain maximum impact from every pound spent and that it is all carefully focused upon their priorities, which are of course ultimately ensuring that best possible outcomes for every child and young person in the Federation. In exchange the Trust can offer a high quality environment with an increasingly impressive record of career advancement and development for non-academic staff.
• Responsible to the Chief Executive for the effective financial management of the Federation and for ensuring that financial resources are deployed to maximize effective delivery of the Federation’s strategic objectives.
• Responsible to the Chief Executive for the overall estates strategy including applications for capital funding with the support of the Federation’s estates project manager.
• As a member of the Federation Executive Team to contribute to all aspects of the growth, continuous development and corporate management of the organisation.
• Provide leadership to the finance team in all financial planning, budgeting, transactional, reporting and compliance activity and ensure all financial systems and procedures are fit for purpose and embody best practice.
• Contribute to the overall management and strategic direction of the Federation, taking responsibility for corporate objective and organisation–wide tasks as directed, and by taking a lead role in assisting the Chief Executive in delivering the corporate plan.
• A qualified accountant, the candidate will be an outstanding leader who is technically strong and with a demonstrable track record of developing high quality finance functions.
• They will be comfortable in operating at board level and as a member of the executive management team, offering sound commercial and strategic advice.
• The candidate will have relevant experience of PNL management, mostly likely within a commercial environment.
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Partners; Tahira Raja on 0207 529 1036 or Lisa Smith on 0121 654 5910.
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?