BMI Group is part of the Standard Industries family of companies, operating globally and employing around 11,000 employees worldwide. We are a dynamic organisation housing various construction brands that collectively make up the largest roofing and waterproofing business in the world.
We believe that a roof is so much more than the shelter and protection above us. Today it can also be a power station, a living space, a garden or even a work of art.
This thinking has led us to the point of a major digital transformation, internally and externally, that will see us offering truly innovative products and services direct to our end consumers; households and private property owners.
This transformational journey involves the exciting set up of our new Digital Hub in Reading that will employ some of the best tech talent out there. The Sales and Marketing Analytics Lead will become a vital piece of that new digital and IT team.
To find out more about BMI and our digital transformation project please visit https://www.bmidigitaltransformation.com/
The Sales and Marketing Analytics Lead is a newly created role that sits within a brand new Insights and Analytics team. The role has been created to provide world class Insights and Analytics to the commercial team to turn them into a data driven, sales force. This role will be instrumental in driving the business forward, creating a link between Commercial and IT, discovering new opportunities and new markets for BMI whilst giving a real time analysis of market trends. By managing senior Stakeholders’ expectations, such as the CCO, you will be integral to the growth strategy at BMI.
What will you be doing in the role
• Own the development, implementation and standardisation of Business analytics and KPIs within the Insight and Analytics function for Sales & Marketing.
• Lead the prioritisation of analytics (that will answer key business questions) with stakeholders (in both central functions and within the regions).
• Work closely with senior stakeholders, presenting findings on a regular basis, preparing relevant written analysis and making effective use of data visualisation to “tell the story”.
• Track industry trends to enable proactive consulting on opportunities within the business team.
• Interpret business questions into formal data questions that can be answered using data analytics and provide leadership on the best methodologies to employ.
• Advising team members on the right tools or techniques in order to answer business questions and coach them on both data wrangling and modelling methods. Questions might include: How effective is our customer funnel? How profitable are our rights? What is the expected tenure of a customer?
• Defining and implementing the Analytics Operating Model for Sales & Marketing understand the sales strategy, demand forecasting, budgeting & market opportunities.
• Be capable of seeing the bigger picture, able to envision and articulate a complete end-to-end data flow to both technical and non-technical audiences – be able to sell the Analytics capability of BMI to Sales & Marketing teams.
We are looking for a data driven IT professional that has the desire, will, entrepreneurial spirit, and dynamics to be a leader both within IT and Sales, and Marketing. You will be a self-motivated and agile thinker with a creative and innovative approach to problem solving and solution selling.
• You will need outstanding interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills - both written and verbal - combined with the ability to work across diverse cultures. You will be able to effectively communicate with both junior and senior stakeholders to deliver the best possible commercial information for the business.
• You will have the ability to gather requirements, test strategies, design deliverables, and define best practices and procedures for the team.
• Experienced in applying technology to business strategies.
• Strong market, business and commercial awareness combined with pragmatic technical leadership.
• 5+ Years’ experience of data modelling, data management and advanced analytics using relevant software (e.g. Python, R, PostgreSQL, Dataiku, Knime, Alteryx, etc.).
• Prior experience will include Enterprise Data Warehousing (EDW) implementations across disparate systems where the candidate has played a lead role in solution architecture etc.
• Proven use of high-end models, such as Arima forecasting, multiple linear regression, dimension reduction, random forest modelling (including boosting), support vector machines, K Means, Expectation maximization, collaborative filtering etc.
• A minimum of a 2:1 Bachelor’s degree in a science or quantitative subject.
As you can imagine, not just our thinking is innovative; so is our approach to our people. We have a fantastic collaborative working environment that offers autonomy and encourages ideas, innovation and lasting career paths.
Our salary and benefits package is generous and we genuinely embrace diversity and inclusion, offering the best opportunities to the whole team.
We see further and we hope to see you under our roof.
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Partners; George Beaumont
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?