The mhs homes group is a provider of safe, secure, affordable housing across Kent for over 25 years.
As a charitable housing association operating in north Kent, we own and manage 9,000 properties and employ more than 250 people. We’re unique in being the largest social landlord in the UK not registered with the social housing regulator.
We know that providing great places to a range of customers is extremely important. We also strive to achieve our core values of teamwork, agility, excellence, respect, community and enjoyment in everything that we do.
We use our strength to make a wider contribution to society. We act as a force for social good – to make a difference. We reinvest our profits, not only to deliver our main aims, but also to deliver a range of projects and services. These complement and add value to our wider community.
To support the ongoing success of the organisation, we now seek to appoint an Assistant Director of Governance and Compliance (Company Secretary). This role will report directly to the Executive Director of Finance and form a key member of the Leadership Team.
The incoming Assistant Director will be responsible for ensuring mhs homes has a robust approach to governance and compliance across our diverse range of activities. Critical to success, will be the ability to work in partnership across the business at all levels whilst also working closely with the Board, ensuring that they are supported to successfully and safely deliver the corporate plan.
• An experienced Company Secretary with strong knowledge of governance and compliance frameworks.
• Understanding of housing, charitable and related legislation and the practices to meet them, including compliance.
• Proven experience across risk management processes and reporting.
• Evidence of designing, maintaining and validating data assurance frameworks.
• A drive and ambition that matches that of the mhs homes group to create safe affordable housing and to make a wider contribution to society.
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our Housing advisor at Berwick Partners Tom Neely: 0161 498 3419
Closing date for applications: Monday 3rd June 2019
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?