The fundamental aim of the Federation is to help the independent retailer compete more effectively in today’s highly competitive and fast moving market by providing practical help and assistance, commercial support, deals and buying opportunities, training, expertise and services.
The NFRN are helping their members adapt, change and transform. A direct affect of the rise of the independent retailer is the revitalising of the suffering high street as members fill the gap by offering a more personalised experience.
The new Head of Business Development will be key to making a significant impact on the future direction of NFRN’s members. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, you will quickly gain expert knowledge of the marketplace and competitor activity, identify the trends and way forward to implement incisive sales strategies that maximise penetration and deliver sustainable growth.
• Ensure NFRN Direct (the organisation’s own buying group) is run efficiently and developed as an important member benefit
• Develop and sustain relationships with both existing and new suppliers, to support agreed objectives to generate income for the Federation and its members.
• Build the Affinity Marketing programme; identify and design new mutually beneficially partnerships, recruiting new suppliers
• Manage and lead the in-house commercial team, in addition to maintaining a strong relationship with the operational field staff to inspire and communicate effectively to the members and ensure capture of lead generation
• Succeed in gaining sponsorship income from non-news suppliers to support key Federation activities each year
We are seeking someone who has a passion for people and has a strong ability to form meaningful customer relationships. This individual will be an excellent communicator, with a track record of building a team and instilling a customer-centric sales culture which will make NFRN and its members more proactive in responding to the customer’s needs.
An ability to prioritise, manage time effectively as they will take part in constantly innovating the sales approach. They will be skilled in negotiating substantial contracts, resolving complicated business issues and creatively producing effective strategies that will compliment both the retailer and supplier.
This individual will have an in depth understanding of the independent retail and/or wholesale sectors, gained in a retail or supplier role. The candidate will be able to identify the needs of the customer and develop offers that help the independent retailers grow their bottom line.
For further information and details on how to apply, please visit www.berwickpartners.co.uk/71910
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisor at Berwick Partners;
Consultant – Not for Profit
Closing date for applications: Thursday 6th June
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?