Our client is a leading designer, manufacturer and supplier of innovative components to the Construction sector, throughout the UK and Ireland. Through its customer-led approach and ability to develop products that its customers need, the organisation has grown its sales from a standing start to over £16m in 5 years – within a group that has sales of over £150m.
A project-led business – it designs and produces bespoke technical products for each project. With a clear focus on service and support for customers and a strong capability in research and development, they are continuously growing and developing their extensive product offering.
To continue the development and growth of this successful organisation, the new role of Technical Director has been created, with the goal of developing a high-performing Engineering / R&D team and function that will enable the company to achieve its ambitious plans.
• The Technical Director will lead, motivate and develop the technical team (25 people) to deliver best-in-class innovative products to their industry. A member of the board, you will help direct the future strategy of the business.
• Ensure best practice throughout the entire project life cycle – from quotation to product design and production, through to delivery - enhancing the current offering and capability of the technical function, and broadening the product range in the process.
• Develop an effective and responsive R&D department with an appropriate and compelling 5-year product road map, and contribute to the overall leadership of the business to enable it to achieve its ambitious growth plans.
• You will be a proven and accomplished Engineering / Technical leader, with a track record of success within the Building Products and Construction markets – either from a manufacturer or an engineering / structural consulting practice.
• You will possess an advanced capability of leading multi-functional teams, including different disciplines of Engineers, Project Managers and Designers; ideally, with a good working knowledge of CAD, Solidworks and other drawing packages.
• Degree-educated, and ideally with a Masters and Chartered status, you will be a strong coach, mentor and motivator of people, as well as being hands-on – with a desire to be part of the leadership, and success, of a growing and ambitious organisation.
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?