Part of a multi-million and market leading European group, this UK subsidiary has achieved significant year on year growth, is highly profitable, and over many years has secured an enviable and highly prestigious customer base.
A manufacturer and distributor of FMCG products, the business has ambitions to continue its expansion and success by further developing its UK business, as well as launching new products and securing new markets.
It therefore seeks an experienced, high calibre individual to further help shape and drive its commercial business. This is an opportunity which presents a rare and exciting prospect to join a unique and growing business, and will certainly present the successful individual with an extremely rewarding and satisfying career.
• Reporting directly to and working closely with the European Managing Director, the role will sit on the UK Board and senior management team. It will support the continued development of the business, with overall responsibility for all customer relationships.
• Directly overseeing all Sales and Marketing activities and strategies, this post will include the management of an existing commercial team, plus the development of new markets and customers and the launch of new products.
• The development of the commercial team within this role is essential, as is the rigour to improve management information, market intelligence and overall business reporting. The role will involve creating a better understanding of market and customer requirements, with a greater quality of improved decision-making.
• An articulate, intelligent and credible individual who must be able to deal with the obvious complexity of the role. Preferably possessing previous experience of the FMCG/consumer goods arena and with exposure to both branded and private label products.
• The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a strong commercial track record of successfully dealing with large retail customers, plus have a true ‘hands on’ style.
• Possessing genuine leadership skills, as well as previous experience in leading teams to achieve clear but challenging goals is essential - as is the ability to communicate and positively influence at all levels, both internally and externally.
For an informal and confidential discussion, please contact our advisor at Berwick Partners; Jennie Stanford: Jennie.Stanford@Berwickpartners.co.uk or 0121 654 5979
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?