BMI Group is part of the Standard Industries family of companies, operating globally and employing around 11,000 employees worldwide. We are a dynamic organisation housing various construction brands that collectively make up the largest roofing and waterproofing business in the world.
We believe that a roof is so much more than the shelter and protection above us. Today it can also be a power station, a living space, a garden or even a work of art.
This thinking has led us to the point of a major digital transformation, internally and externally, that will see us offering truly innovative products and services direct to our end consumers; households and private property owners.
This transformational journey involves the exciting set up of our new Digital Lab / Tech Hub in Reading that will employ some of the best tech talent out there. The Workplace Lifecycle Service Owner will become a vital piece of that new digital and IT team.
To find out more about BMI and our digital transformation project please visit www.bmidigitaltransformation.com
Reporting to the Head of Workplace Services, you will be accountable for operational excellence in service delivery across Workplace Lifecycle (End User) services delivered to all business units and geographies.
What will you be doing in the role
• You will ensure operational excellence & delivery of each service component to agreed operating levels including the management of vendor services.
• You will perform capacity and budget planning with the delivery partners and manage procedures and policies with the view to improve operational efficiency.
• This person will establish a continuous service improvement culture within the IT service and will provide the highest level of support and quality of service across all business units.
• Extensive experience and proven track record in End User Computing and Service Management roles, with proven experience of operations in a large and complex global IT organisation delivered by 3rd party suppliers .
• Excellent customer service skills and capability of dealing with the pressures of a demanding professional services environment.
• Technical/process knowledge and expertise of best-in-class service support and continuous service improvements.
• Extensive knowledge of technologies supported by the User Experience Services:
• Client Hardware platforms: Laptops/desktops/thin clients and accessories.
• Microsoft technologies (incl. but not limited to: SCCM, AD).
• Google G-suite and other user productivity tools.
• Citrix (including XenApp, XenDesktop etc.).
• Desktop security tooling - Antivirus, Encryption, DLP, HIPS, etc.
• Package management and distribution technologies.
• Remote Desktop Tools (for Incident break/fix as well as creation of self-help guidance).
• Unified communications.
• Mobile Device Management.
• Group conferencing services.
• Print Services.
• Strong knowledge of IT service management / service control processes and methodologies, e.g. ITIL.
• ITIL (Service Management Certificate) qualified (preferred).
• Experience of leading global and matrix infrastructure management teams, internal and 3rd parties.
• Experience of working in a multi-vendor IT sourcing environment.
• Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of End User Computing technology areas (within projects and operations).
• Experience in reporting and the creation of management information (MI) reporting.
• Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
• Demonstrable knowledge of Enterprise level Microsoft, Google and other User Productivity tools, for both on-premise and cloud based technologies and architectures.
• Knowledge of Software and Hardware Asset Management in an enterprise environment.
As you can imagine, not just our thinking is innovative; so is our approach to our people. We have a fantastic collaborative working environment that offers autonomy and encourages ideas, innovation and lasting career paths.
Our salary and benefits package is generous and we genuinely embrace diversity and inclusion, offering the best opportunities to the whole team.
We see further and we hope to see you under our roof.
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Partners; Maggie McWeeney on 07912565353.
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?