Trinseo is a world leader in the production of plastics, latex binders, and synthetic rubber – a new kind of global materials company at the intersection of people, technology, and customers, built on several decades of technology leadership.
We are focused on delivering innovative and sustainable products that touch lives every day – products that are intrinsic to how we live our lives – across a wide range of end-markets. Our materials can be found in just about every market and industry from consumer electronics, appliances, medical devices and performance car tires.
By 2020, we plan to have completely revolutionized our global operations, in order to support the continued success.
We have launched an exciting, transformation programme called T2020, where you will be given the opportunity from day one to bring new ideas, innovation and support to Trinseo into the next chapter in its story.
For more information about Program T2020 and the opportunities available, please visit The T2020 Career Center at https://t2020.trinseo.com
The Global Rubber Supply Manager will lead the execution of the lead of the IBP process for defining and managing the supply for the proactive tactical horizon of 3 – 24 months. This includes working with each of the managers of supply: Raw Materials, Manufacturing, External Processing, Logistics, Warehousing & Distribution Centers, etc. to define operating capacities and capabilities which impact supply volumes.
He or she will also conduct the Plan Long Term Supply business process across all regions. He or she will guide the IBP team in the development of the unconstrained supply plan. There are similar roles in each business unit. Further, there will be Regional Rubber Demand Managers working on the demand side of the equation of the planning process.
Run the Business:
• Leads the IBP Process for defining and managing the product line supply for the proactive tactical horizon of 3 – 24 months
• Works with each of the managers of supply: Raw Materials, Manufacturing, External Processing, Logistics, Warehousing & Distribution Centers, etc. to define operating capacities and capabilities which impact supply volumes
• Conduct the monthly plan long term supply business process across all regions.
• Guides the IBP team in the development of the unconstrained supply plan.
• Leads the monthly supply review meeting
• Works with the Product Managers & Global Demand Leaders to drive the supply/demand balance on a monthly basis
• Actively participates in the development of alternate scenarios to obtain a feasible end-to-end supply plan
• Responsible for the global network supply model understanding all relevant lead times and marginal costs which affect the outcomes of the tactical planning horizon 90%
Change/Improve the Business:
• Provides input to the Global IBP Leader, to assist in continuous improvement of the IBP processes and tools
• Challenge existing concepts and act as a change agent within the business 5%
• Provide support during various internal and external audits
• Maintain and execute the best in class IBE work processes to ensure full compliance with company ethics and due diligence
• Manage compliance and controls as needed 5%
• Bachelor's degree or higher (Supply Chain, Supply Chain Management, or other relevant area of study)
• 10-12 years of experience in supply chain related roles
• Training in supply chain approaches / strategies
• Business Strategy
• Customer Segmentation
• Financial Acumen
• Performance Metrics
• Service Level Management
• Achievement Motivation
• Analytical Thinking
• Encouraging Multidisciplinary Teamwork
• Impact and Influence
• Information Seeking
• Decision Making
• Financial Analysis
• Negotiation and Problem Solving
• Performance Measurement
• Technical background and/or experience in a global, chemical business environment preferred
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
• Knowledge of SAP ERP and IBP Tool is desired, but not required
The role will be based out of Trinseo’s main Rubber business facility in Schkopau, Germany. Due to engagement and interaction with the Global IBS Director and Global Business Directors, this position will require 10 – 20% travel to Horgen, Switzerland to ensure proper alignment and also necessitate international travel on occasion to the other two regions; NAA and APAC.
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?