Trinseo is a world leader in the production of plastics, latex binders, and synthetic rubber – a new kind of global materials company at the intersection of people, technology, and customers, built on several decades of technology leadership.
We are focused on delivering innovative and sustainable products that touch lives every day – products that are intrinsic to how we live our lives – across a wide range of end-markets. Our materials can be found in just about every market and industry from consumer electronics, appliances, medical devices and performance car tires.
By 2020, we plan to have completely revolutionized our global operations, in order to support the continued success.
We have launched an exciting, transformation programme called T2020, where you will be given the opportunity from day one to bring new ideas, innovation and support to Trinseo into the next chapter in its story.
For more information about Program T2020 and the opportunities available, please visit The T2020 Career Center at https://t2020.trinseo.com
The Global Demand Managers will lead the IBP process for defining and managing the demand of their respective businesses for the proactive tactical horizon of 3 – 24 months. This includes working with each representative of demand: R&D, Marketing, Commercial, etc. to understand the total unconstrained demand.
They will also conduct the Plan Long Term Demand business process across all regions. They will guide the IBP team in development of the unconstrained demand plan.
There are 3 Global Demand Managers (Performance Plastics, Polystyrene and Rubber) & 6 regional Demand Managers (Plastics & Binders). Further, there will be Global Supply Managers working on the supply side of the equation of the planning process.
Run the Business:
• Leading the IBE process for the business which includes coordination of the demand / supply / balance / executive meetings and ensuring a smooth flow between them
• Highlighting and understanding drivers influencing demand and supply
• Ensuring Risks and Opportunities are being identified, presented and addressed
• Highlight forecast improvement opportunities and ensuring tracking of projects
• Confirming the product lifecycle impacts considering both new product introduction as well as product retirements 90%
Change/Improve the Business:
• Provides input to the Global Manager IBP to assist in continuous improvement of the IBP processes and tools
• Challenge existing concepts and act as a change agent within the business 5%
• Compliance: Support corporate compliance and audits
• Provide support during various internal and external audits
• Maintain and execute the best in class IBE work processes to ensure full compliance with company ethics and due diligence
• Manage compliance and controls as needed 5%
• Bachelor's degree or higher (Supply Chain, Supply Chain Management, or other relevant area of study)
• min. 5 years of experience in B2B business as product manager, business analyst or supply chain related roles
• Training in supply chain approaches / strategies
• Expertise in:
• Business Strategy
• Customer Segmentation
• Financial Acumen
• Performance Metrics
• Service Level Management
• Achievement Motivation
• Analytical Thinking
• Encouraging Multidisciplinary Teamwork
• Impact and Influence
• Information Seeking
• Decision Making
• Financial Analysis
• Negotiation and Problem Solving
• Performance Measurement
• Technical background and/or experience in a global, chemical business environment preferred
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
• Knowledge of SAP ERP and IBP Tool is desired, but not required
The role will be based out of Trinseo’s Frankfurt, Germany facility. Due to engagement and interaction with the Global IBS Director and Global Business Directors, this position will require 10 – 20% travel to Horgen, Switzerland to ensure proper alignment and also necessitate international travel on occasion to the other two regions; NAA and APAC.
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?