Individuals are investing more in their own skills development and with the advancement of technology, learning has never been more accessible. The CIPD is looking to appoint a commercially astute Digital & Technology Director who can lead the transformation of the organisation through its infrastructure, people, products and services to become a truly digital business.
• Working closely with the CEO and collaboratively with the SLT, you will deliver the digital transformation strategy which will evolve the CIPD from a membership body provider of learning, qualifications and content to a truly customer and learner centric business, with a first-class digital experience.
• Designing learner and customer journeys, ensuring the right product, services and content are served across multiple platforms.
• In conjunction with the membership team, you will drive the digital acquisition and retention strategy and be accountable for enhancing the overall learner and customer experience. Similarly, you will be driving community engagement and participation.
• You’ll make the business case for new technology including automation, badging and gamification. Being aware of learning trends and consumer behaviour would be advantageous.
• Specifying, selecting and deploying new technology will also be part of the role. Driving changes in operational processes and gaining buy in from the business in order to ensure new ways of working are adopted and effective.
• This will include a new learning platform through to selecting and imbedding other enterprise technology which improves how the business operates. This is essential to support growth.
• Building digital products across all service areas. This will include membership areas, payment gateways, CMS, community engagement, martech and back office systems.
• Establish, evaluate and improve relevant KPIs and performance metrics.
• Delivering outstanding customer and user experience, incorporating design thinking and market-led insight.
• Working closely with the Head of PMO to establish project teams and methodologies to deliver improvements, ideally within an agile delivery model.
The Digital & Technology Director will be instrumental to driving change within the organisation. This requires commerciality, the ability to design a front-to-back customer centric transformation and bringing employees with you. Ideal experience and qualities include:
• Experience of working with a high-volume customer base where customers engage across multiple platforms. Ideally this will be B2C and B2B.
• Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to unite people under a common purpose, driving positive change and outcomes.
• The ability to identify and develop talent, making the most of your people assets and ensuring they contribute to the business and further its goals.
• First class communication skills, you will be able to break down technical information for less technical audiences. You’ll create an environment where preconceptions are addressed and challenged. You’ll be collaborative in your approach, ensuring all appropriate teams deliver against required parameters.
• Ideally you have experience of working in a business where content is valued, experience of commercialising content would be highly advantageous.
• You are likely to be the number one or number two in your existing organisation and looking for a challenge in a sector at risk from disruption from external influences.
The CIPD champions Better Work and Better Working lives. Accordingly, we operate working practices designed to facilitate busy lives and careers.
We welcome applicants who can lead us in achieving our goals regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, maternity, race or sexuality.
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Partners
IT & Digital Leadership Practice
Tel: 0121 654 5952
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?