There is currently no other company in the UK which provides the same level of bespoke service, offers the wealth of experience and builds the same rapport with NHS organisations as Medinet.
We help to reduce waiting times by creating additional capacity to see outpatients, provide diagnostic services and treat day cases and inpatients requiring surgery. Our services are provided by consultants who hold substantive NHS consultant posts in most surgical specialties.
We work with 1,200 NHS consultants and nurses to deliver outpatient consultations and elective procedures in hospitals’ own facilities, both at weekends and during the week. We have treated over one million patients. Our outcomes are excellent and our productivity levels and standards are high.
Over the next three years Medinet will be growing its core business and adapting and growing into other areas. We aim to expand the network of NHS hospitals we support, as well as partner with other NHS and commercial organisations to create local Medinet services – units where we deliver care and provide the facility.
To expand the scale and scope of what we do, Medinet needs to strengthen its Sales and Business Development team with two key appointments: a Director who will be key to raising our profile and engaging with our clients at a senior level and a Manager who will be an integral member of the team and a key contributor to the success of our sales strategy.
The Director Role
• To assist with setting the strategic direction of UK business development within the overall strategy and priorities of Medinet.
• To oversee the delivery of planned results by monitoring performance against objectives and ensuring appropriate action is taken where necessary.
• To ensure effective financial governance through the efficient use of resources, financial control and financial planning.
• Work closely with key stakeholders, both internal and external, to deliver against agreed business development objectives.
• Develop and manage a network of senior health sector relationships in support of business development objectives.
• Significant experience in a senior leadership role within the health sector; this is likely to include a substantial period of time either operating at senior level in a complex health care provider (either independent sector or NHS) or engaging with health care board-level peers in an advisory capacity.
• Experience of developing and introducing innovative new service/business propositions in partnership with healthcare providers, including NHS Trust Boards, Clinical Commissioning Groups and senior clinicians.
• Demonstrable commitment to and focus on quality, promoting high standards to ensure quality customer and patient outcomes.
• Significant influencing skills to introduce and gain acceptance of propositions, recognising both clinical and commercial objectives; including the ability to articulate complex proposals.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills including first class written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong academic record with a postgraduate or management qualification of equivalent experience desirable.
The Manager Role
• Develop a sales plan for Medinet and deliver annual sales targets and strong pipeline to drive longer term growth.
• Work with other members of the sales and marketing team to develop and deliver a market engagement plan and database to orchestrate and create visibility of all hospital opportunities across Medinet.
• Work with sales, operations and IT teams in Business Units to conduct pilots for new propositions and operationalise them.
• Understand customer needs and work with the in-house analytics team to stratify customers and identify key sales opportunities
• Ensure visibility and accuracy of the sales pipeline through appropriate CRM tools to enable Finance to forecast effectively and Operations to have early visibility of resources required.
• The job holder will be required to interpret commercial data, market trends, customer demands and expectations, competitor activity and medical developments.
• The job holder will have the ability to assess conflicting priorities, build relationships, judge commercial benefits and resolve people issues.
• Extensive experience in delivering sales in a UK healthcare business with a track record of consistently meeting or exceeding sales targets.
• Experience in building longer term relationships and strategic account management capability, developing and implementing innovative, insight based solutions to meet customers’ needs.
• Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills with ability to operate effectively at all levels including executive and C-level.
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Partners, Aemilia Lovatt on 0121 518 2690.
Closing date for applications: Midday 9th April 2019
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?