Trinseo is a world leader in the production of plastics, latex binders, and synthetic rubber - a new kind of global materials company at the intersection of people, technology, and customers, built on several decades of technology leadership.
We are focused on delivering innovative and sustainable products that touch lives every day – products that are intrinsic to how we live our lives – across a wide range of end-markets. Our materials can be found in just about every market and industry from consumer electronics, appliances, medical devices and performance car tires.
By 2020, we plan to have completely revolutionized our global operations, in order to support the continued success.
We have launched an exciting, transformation programme called T2020, where you will be given the opportunity from day one to bring new ideas, innovation and support to Trinseo into the next chapter in its story.
For more information about Program T2020 and the opportunities available, please visit The T2020 Career Center at https://t2020.trinseo.com
The role acts as an area specialist for Payment Receipt & Handling covering all sub-processes (Money Collection and Pre-Collection, Payment Allocation, Handling of Discrepancies, Sales Adjustments) as well as Invoicing (which includes invoice generation, distribution of invoices to Customers, Invoice process for intercompany invoicing between different Trinseo legal entities as well as third party invoicing, Self-Billing and all issues related to data elements on the invoice such as correct application of VAT, invoice amounts and layouts).
• The Payment Receipt & Handling / Invoicing Business Process Specialist focuses on the Work Process, Systems and Technology utilized by the respective Customer Service team members in a specific geography / world area (North America/Latin America, Asia Pacific or Europe, respectively).
• This role exists in all three geographies and focuses on the Work process needs in the area where the person is based, but will work closely with the other Work Process Specialists in the other world areas and might act as a cross-area backup for his/her peers in the other areas.
• Provides support and facilitates work process training for the Customer Service teams in the geography who handle Payment Receipt & Handling or Invoicing in the geography.
• Acts as second escalation point (after Super Users) within the Area Customer Service teams for break-fix issues.
• Develops and maintains training material and work process documentation for Payment Receipt & Handling and Invoicing.
• Acts as Area Focal Point for the implementation of major process changes and system changes and in the implementation of M&A, Divestitures, JVs, implementation of new plants, legal entities etc.
• Monitors and tracks the KPIs related to Payment Receipt & Handling / Invoicing for the assigned geography.
• Identifies improvement opportunities and works closely with other Area Work Process Specialists, the global Work Process leads and local Super Users to ensure operational excellence and compliance to ISO /SOX and legal requirements.
• Providing 2nd tier escalation support.
• Escalates break-fix issues to Level 2 Support (Work Process Leads) and/or IT Business Partners
• Owns and updates the training curriculum.
• Trains new and existing team members on the standard business processes, policies and technology to ensure transactional excellence.
• Tracks training completion, as needed.
• Supports the business and Level 2 Business Process Owners/Work Process Leads with reporting against KPIs and measuring performance.
• Supports on-demand requests from business, IT, and Level 2 Support.
Minimum education required:
• Minimum Associate’s / Bachelor’s degree in business or finance or apprenticeship / degree combined with equivalent work experience and proven track record.
• Six Sigma Green Belt Project Leader certification would be considered a plus bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
• At least 5+ years of relevant operational experience in Customer Service, Credit, Accounts Receivables or other Finance role, ideally combined with systems / work process support/ training experience. Experience in project management and past involvement in major implementations projects such as M&A, ERP system rollout / system upgrades or the like is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Strong enterprise business acumen, knowledge and understanding of work processes performed by Customer Service / Accounts Payable / Invoicing.
• Good understanding of the overall Order to Cash process and the interrelations between Payment Receipt and Handling / Invoicing and other activities like Order Receipt & Handling, Pricing, Finance, Logistics, Planning, etc.
• Experience in designing, documenting, implementing, and reviewing work processes.
• Exceptional interpersonal effectiveness and communication skills as well as influence management skills.
• Ability to demonstrate value to, quickly establish trust from and form beneficial relationships with individuals and teams.
• Ability to effectively design and deliver trainings to groups of various sizes.
• Proficiency using SAP/ECC and other technology and systems.
• Strong project management skills or aptitude.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
• Read, write and speak English fluently. Additional language skills may be required based on location (for Asia: Chinese and other Asian language, as role will be located in Shanghai / China. North America/Latin America: Spanish and/or Portuguese is considered a plus as the role will also support Latin America).
• Above all, the ability to be agile, adapt and produce in a fast-paced, changing environment.
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?