Trinseo is a world leader in the production of plastics, latex binders, and synthetic rubber - a new kind of global materials company at the intersection of people, technology, and customers, built on several decades of technology leadership. We are focused on delivering innovative and sustainable products that touch lives every day – products that are intrinsic to how we live our lives – across a wide range of end-markets. Our materials can be found in just about every market and industry from consumer electronics, appliances, medical devices and performance car tires.
By 2020, we plan to have completely revolutionized our global operations, in order to support the continued success. We have launched an exciting, transformation programme called T2020, where you will be given the opportunity from day one to bring new ideas, innovation and support to Trinseo into the next chapter in its story.
For more information about Program T2020 and the opportunities available, please visit The T2020 Career Center at https://t2020.trinseo.com
This is an exciting opportunity to join a new department within an exciting, dynamic and forward thinking company and to help shape the culture and operations.
The Revenue and Cash Application Manager oversees the cash application, revenue accounting sub-processes, rebates and commissions reconcilers, and has an in-depth knowledge of the related system capabilities. They work closely with the Customer to Cash organization to help drive overall performance and process execution. The role is responsible for identifying performance gaps relative to work process, systems and technology, addressing gaps via continuous coaching, and elevating continued concerns to the relevant team. The role will include:
• Overseeing the day-to-day activities of cash applications, revenue accounting, sales reporting, rebates and commissions and 3rd party service providers.
• Understanding and application of Trinseo Accounting Policy.
• Excellent understanding of the whole Customer to Cash chain (order entry, material flow, billing, pricing, revenue, accounts receivable, rebates, revenue recognition).
• Deep knowledge of US GAAP, local GAAP and accounting policies.
• Deep knowledge of the cash application process.
• In depth knowledge of the Vistex application.
• In depth-knowledge of Order Entry and customer master.
• Use and understand Customer to Cash Metrics to identify gaps and provide suggestions for corrective action.
• Provide continuous support to acquisitions, mergers and joint ventures.
• Understand and promote proper internal controls adherence to comply with audit requirements; ensure compliance of proper internal controls and audit requirements.
• Minimum of a four-year degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or Economics.
• Preferably CPA / CMA / MBA or PhD in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or Economics.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in Invoice to Cash work processes, systems and tools
• Supervisory experience in a collaborative working environment and of managing people in other locations.
• Solid comprehension of internal controls.
• Knowledge of SAP ECC required and Hanse Orga & Vistex is preferred.
• Fluent in English (both written and spoken) and preferably other languages.
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?