Trinseo is a world leader in the production of plastics, latex binders, and synthetic rubber - a new kind of global materials company at the intersection of people, technology, and customers, built on several decades of technology leadership.
We are focused on delivering innovative and sustainable products that touch lives every day – products that are intrinsic to how we live our lives – across a wide range of end-markets. Our materials can be found in just about every market and industry from consumer electronics, appliances, medical devices and performance car tires.
By 2020, we plan to have completely revolutionized our global operations, in order to support the continued success.
We have launched an exciting, transformation programme called T2020, where you will be given the opportunity from day one to bring new ideas, innovation and support to Trinseo into the next chapter in its story.
For more information about Program T2020 and the opportunities available, please visit The T2020 Career Center at https://t2020.trinseo.com
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a newly formed group working to understand and improve processes, making them fit for the growth and implementation of systems within an innovative and progressive environment. The Finance & Statutory (F&S) Business Process Center supports the operations and end users of the Financial Accounting, Reporting, and Internal Controls systems used globally within Trinseo. This role offers excellent in-depth exposure to Trinseo’s financial accounting and reporting systems, opportunities to work with global and/or cross-functional teams, and the ability to create genuine value for the organization, via identification and development of system or work process enhancements and providing high-quality service to the end user population. Within this role, the successful candidate will:
• Build and maintain batch job variants and other system set-up and maintenance activities.
• Coordinate monthly close process for F&S globally. Work with regional coordinators and IT team to ensure proper system set-up and job execution.
• Review F&S batch process logs and correct or coordinate correction of any errors identified.
• Serve as first point of contact for relevant incidents for financial and statutory teams and monitor the F&S Business Process Center queue within Trinseo’s incident management system.
• Provide instructor-led training for certain F&S SAP courses.
• F&S Business Process Center support for all other regions.
• Provide technical support and consultation for all issues, inquiries, changes, and enhancements relating to financial accounting and financial reporting processes within SAP ECC.
• Participate in various local and global systems enhancement projects, support mergers and acquisitions, and other corporate initiatives as they arise.
• Ensure effective internal controls in all areas of responsibility.
• Seek opportunities to standardize processes to drive efficiencies.
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a relevant Information Technology discipline.
• 6+ years’ experience in a relevant Finance role.
• Previous financial and statutory accounting and/or operational experience in industrial chemicals and publically traded companies preferred.
• Strong enterprise business acumen, knowledge and understanding of work processes performed by Finance.
• Experience in designing, documenting, implementing, and improving work processes.
• Strong project management skills.
• Exceptional interpersonal effectiveness and communication skills.
• Ability to demonstrate value to, quickly establish trust from and form beneficial relationships.
• Proficiency using SAP/ECC and other technology and systems.
• Ability to create and modify macros and scripts (includes VBA/VBM) is plus.
• Solid comprehension of internal control.
• Read, write and speak English.
• Above all, the ability to be agile, adapt and produce in a fast-paced, changing environment.
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?