The Digital and Technology team, also known as #futurebarnardos, is part of the Strategy & Performance group. We are responsible for leading a transformation of the whole charity: inspiring it to take a user-centred, data-driven approach to all our operations, products and services, and iterating from small beginnings to big ideas.
Our vision is simple: achieve better outcomes for more children. Along the way we will equip and empower our staff to provide even better support. We will turn data into insight that leads to improvements in people's lives. We will lead change across health and social care by taking a user-first, evidence-driven approach to problems. And through all this, we will inspire our charitable donors to be even more generous in supporting us.
We are looking for a small group of ambitious, humble visionaries to lead our team, and inspire others across the charity and beyond to help Barnardo's meet its vision. We've written a blog post about our vision, the values we uphold as a team, and the sorts of people we are looking for.
As the Head of Operating Technology, you will own the live running through to retirement of the current technology estate at Barnardo’s. We are in an exciting period of technology enabled transformation so future-proofing our systems and ensuring that we invest sensibly in the right technologies is critical. The Operating Technologies Team ensures that Barnardo’s staff can do their jobs with safety; security and resilience, ensuring issues are resolved whilst the technology is transformed.
Barnardo’s are using a digital approach to improve the lives of young people by building stronger families, safer childhoods and positive futures. This role and team will ensure that all systems remain secure and resilient throughout its life, providing the experience and functionality that enabled will enable Barnardo’s to successfully mobilise newly-commissioned services around the country. We are looking for a small group of ambitious, humble visionaries to lead our team, and inspire others across the charity and beyond to help Barnardo’s meet its vision.
• As the Head of Operating Technology, you will own the live run; evolve through to retirement of the current technology estate at Barnardo’s. You will seek to actively reduce cost and risk in the current estate, follow developments in new technologies, while building clear end of life plans on redundant services and solutions
• Working across the full technology landscape the Head of Operating Technology will ensure all systems remain secure and resilient throughout their full life, providing the experience and functionality required by the organisation
• Drive the adoption of agile methodologies to guide teams through the full life cycle of a product, from discovery to live; ensure that development is research led, user focused and tested regularly, showing iterative progress
• You will have a strong background in running live technology services, including on premise and cloud-hosted systems and data, with high level responsibility for budget, delivery, maintenance and end of life programmes
• Deliver an integrated end-user computing experience to enable mobile and flexible working styles, using managed or cloud-based services, including mobile device management, remote management, infrastructure, hardware and software architecture and deployment
• Hold clear experience of delivering industry standard security issues and processes. This will include an understanding of local and central government, NHS and other emerging meaningful security frameworks, and the application to the management of confidential information within our operational context.
Closing date for all applications: Wednesday 13th March 2019
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?