The Digital and Technology team, also known as #futurebarnardos, is part of the Strategy and Performance Group. We are responsible for leading a transformation of the whole charity: inspiring it to take a user-centred, data-driven approach to all our operations, products and services, and iterating from small beginnings to big ideas.
Our vision is simple: achieve better outcomes for more children. Along the way we will equip and empower our staff to provide even better support. We will turn data into insight that leads to improvements in people's lives. We will lead change across health and social care by taking a user-first, evidence-driven approach to problems. And through all this, we will inspire our charitable donors to be even more generous in supporting us.
We are looking for a small group of ambitious, humble visionaries to lead our team, and inspire others across the charity and beyond to help Barnardo's meet its vision. We've written a blog post about our vision, the values we uphold as a team, and the sorts of people we are looking for.
As Head of Technology Transformation, you and your team will give Barnardo's staff the tools they need to do their jobs more effectively and efficiently, by bringing a user-centric, devops approach that mirrors the standards and expectations we set for our user-facing services.
You will join our eight-strong leadership team in supporting and empowering a wide range of people and skills. You will be responsible for further hiring within their teams to make sure we have the capability and capacity we need to achieve our vision.
This role can be based at any of Barnardo's national offices: Belfast, Edinburgh, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham, Cardiff, London or Crawley. Regular local and national travel will be required, including to Barnardo's digital hub in London Euston.
As the Head of Technology Transformation, you will champion the digital, agile approach to product design and delivery, both internally and beyond Barnardo’s. You and your team will give Barnardo’s staff the tools they need to do their jobs more effectively and efficiently, by bringing a user-centric, DevOps and WebOps approach.
Barnardo’s are using a digital approach to improve the lives of young people by building stronger families, safer childhoods and positive futures. This opportunity is critical to lead and own the delivery of a transformation strategy, which is fundamental to the achievement of Barnardo’s 10-year Corporate Strategy. We are looking for a small group of ambitious, humble visionaries to lead our team, and inspire others across the charity and beyond to help Barnardo’s meet this vision.
• Work with senior stakeholders to shape, deliver and evolve the technology transformation strategy. This will include prioritisation, process, measurement and governance, driving a digital agile approach to product design and delivery, for of hybrid teams of internal and partner resources.
• As a key member of the digital and technology Senior Leadership Team, ensure the technology transformation is aligned with critical organisational aims and objectives. AS an active leader you will manage, coach and develop a high performance in all product teams
• Provide leadership, strategic guidance, clan leadership and pastoral line management to the community of technologists across the wider Digital and Technology Team. Bring an extensive network of external, specialist technical expertise.
• Bring proven experience of leading Technology Transformation within the public, government or private sector. Demonstrable experience of following an agile and human-centric service design methodology to produce high quality outputs.
• With a passion for discovery, design, implementation and service wrap for end-to-end technology enabled services you will have been material to landing substantial service transformation through technology.
• Be an able team coach and mentor for product managers and technical specialists. Build high performance teams, actively managing the performance and development of team members, and building capability against the technology strategy.
Closing date for all applications: Wednesday 13th March 2019
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?