Trinseo is a world leader in the production of plastics, latex binders, and synthetic rubber - a new kind of global materials company at the intersection of people, technology, and customers, built on several decades of technology leadership.
We are focused on delivering innovative and sustainable products that touch lives every day – products that are intrinsic to how we live our lives – across a wide range of end-markets. Our materials can be found in just about every market and industry from consumer electronics, appliances, medical devices and performance car tires.
By 2020, we plan to have completely revolutionized our global operations, in order to support the continued success.
We have launched an exciting, transformation programme called T2020, where you will be given the opportunity from day one to bring new ideas, innovation and support to Trinseo into the next chapter in its story.
For more information about Program T2020 and the opportunities available, please visit The T2020 Career Center at https://t2020.trinseo.com
• Interface directly with the Product Stewardship team (Product Stewards) should there be any issues within the generated SDS regarding product hazard classifications, regulatory statements, SDS phrases, compositional disclosure, or trade secret substances
• Liaise with R&D, TS&D and quality assurance departments to ensure complete and accurate information is shared among teams
• Responsible for the data integrity of the products’ specifications, related to SDS and regulatory requirements (for his/her region)
• Work closely with the Global Hazard Communication Leader to maintain global product compliance and identify process improvements
• Provides input to Global Hazard Communication Leader on SDS development/update process to meet regulatory requirements or for efficiency
• Facilitate management of change (MOCs) activities in each region to ensure SDSs are kept accurate and up-to –date
• Support the implementation of new tools and process improvements with the assistance of the Hazard Communications Leadership Team (Global Hazard Communication Leader, EH&S SAP Applications Manager and Regulatory Tool / Process Specialist)
• Technical degree with chemistry or related background
• 3 years of hazard communication or other relevant experience
• Understands chemical formulations and hazard terms
• Understands hazard classification frameworks (GHS and various national implementations of GHS)
• Previous SDS experience (in SAP, required)
• Overall understanding of Product Stewardship
• Disciplined – Follows procedural documentation and understands impacts of change with a strong attention to detail
• Able to set priorities and work independently
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Computer skills
• Clear cross-cultural communication / coordination skills
• Service orientated
• Communicate appropriately
• Ability to work well in a team environment
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?