The Regional IT Business Partner for South West Europe role will be paramount in connecting the Business with IT, facilitating rapid sharing of information, ideas and learning across the business. In addition this role will provide leadership for the IT Business Partnering team across the Southern European territories encompassing some of our largest business units in countries such as France, Italy, Spain, Netherlands etc .
The IT Business Partner function will play a critical part in shaping the technology and digital strategy and ensuring the successes of ongoing initiatives. Holding a unique position in the business, the IT Business Partners will have an all-around view of the business strategy and an opportunity to play a key role in defining tactical and long term IT strategies for the group. This role will lead IT business partnering activity for BMI Group in Southern Europe.
BMI Group is part of the Standard Industries family of companies, operating globally and employing around 11,000 employees worldwide. We are a dynamic organisation housing various construction brands that collectively make up the largest roofing and waterproofing business in the World. We believe that a roof is so much more than the shelter and protection above us. Today it can also be a power station, a living space, a garden or even a work of art.
This thinking has lead us to the point of a major digital transformation, internally and externally, that will see us offering truly innovative products and services direct to our end consumers; households and private property owners.
This transformational journey involves the exciting set up of our new Digital Lab / Tech Hub that will employ some of the best tech talent out there. The Regional IT Business Partner for Southern Europe will become a vital piece of that new digital and IT team.
• The Regional IT Business Partner for South West Europe (BP) will act as an Ambassador of the Group IT function with the business leadership, building strong partnerships and ensuring consistent value is delivered.
• Through proactive engagement with the business, the BP will play a critical role in shaping the projects portfolio and ensuring prioritization maps are in line with the Business and Digital Transformation agenda of the group.
• In order to facilitate the long-term business strategy, the BP will make sure the right business capabilities are built and enabled by technology.
• Lead the IT Business Partnering capability for the Southern European region and build strong partnerships with other key IT stakeholders. Ensure the IT function is well perceived and understood by the business, making sure both IT and the business are strategically aligned.
• An inspiring leader possessing the strong interpersonal skills and executive engagement experience to foster a successful partnership with a business function. An ability to inspire and motivate others, both within your team and across the customer community is crucial to success.
• An energetic self-starter that will get “stuck into” the business challenges and constantly demonstrate a proactive leadership approach to resolving them. Curiosity and constant wiliness to learn are pivotal skills in this role.
• An individual able to seamlessly communicate complex, technical concepts in simple, clear language and engage across business and IT teams.
• Solid program management skills capable to operate in a matrix mode across geographies, functions and IT disciplines.
• Having a strategic mind-set is important as it will allow you to support the prioritization effort and ensure re-use and standardization initiatives
As you can imagine, not just our thinking is innovative but so is our approach to our people. We have a fantastic, collaborative working environment that offers autonomy, encourages ideas and innovation and lasting career paths.
Our salary and benefits package is generous and we genuinely embrace diversity and inclusion, offering the best opportunities to the whole team.
We see further and we hope to see you under our roof.
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?