We seek an ambitious and effective individual with a proven track record in their field. We are looking for an innovative leader, able to lead a cohesive, constructive, effective and inclusive team to the highest of standards. A proven track record of managing diverse resources in a university environment is essential and previous experience as a Head of Department or School (or an equivalent unit) would be an advantage.
Applications should consist of a curriculum vitae and a 1 page supporting statement demonstrating how you would undertake the duties and responsibilities attached to the post, and your ideas for further development of the role.
The University actively fosters a culture of inclusion and diversity and seeks to achieve true equality of opportunity for all members of its community. In addition, the School’s Athena SWAN Silver Award recognises its commitment to promote gender equality in academia. Applications are particularly welcomed from women and Black and Minority Ethnic staff who are currently under-represented at senior management level. Appointment will be made on merit.
- A first degree and a PhD (or equivalent) in Chemical Engineering or related subject
- A proven and sustained record of internationally leading research or translational research activities
- A proven record of ability to teach or train in the area of Chemical Engineering.
- A personal standing which commands the respect of colleagues within the School, Faculty, University and externally
- A proven track record of building teams and effective working relationships
- An outward facing approach that looks beyond the boundaries of the School in promoting interdisciplinary working
- A strong commitment to promoting excellence in teaching and research within the School
- A proven record of successful support of the careers of colleagues at all levels
- A proven record of activity that integrates social responsibility into academic activities
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Partners; Elizabeth James on 0121 654 5924.
Closing date for applications: Monday 22nd April 2019
Interviews will be held in late May – exact date to be confirmed.
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?