Damart is the UK trading subsidiary of Damartex S.A, a French listed, multi-channel, multi brand European business that creates and distributes clothing, home and lifestyle products targeting the growing "senior" market. The business heritage is classic mail order and home shopping, but has embraced multi-channel retailing. The Group is investing heavily to ensure it has the technology and infrastructure to support the demands of a 21st century omni-channel operation.
After 15 successful years the present CFO is retiring and a successor is sought. The core focus of this role is to contribute to the evolution of the business strategy, whilst ensuring that the robust financial processes already in place are underpinned and developed, and that the highest standards of financial compliance and integrity continue to be respected.
• Actively contribute to the leadership of the business as a key board member. Supporting the development and implementation of the Damart strategy, offering commercial and operational financial insight to aid decision making.
• Lead the finance function, ensuring all financial and reporting obligations are met, and that the team are engaged, motivated and being developed so that finance continues to act as a partner to the wider business.
• Be a credible representative of Damart, building a strong relationship with Group and managing external advisors in the UK.
• A qualified Finance Director with prior experience in retail or consumer industries, who has the skills to lead the finance function of an ambitious, heritage business and to support the Managing Director to implement a successful growth strategy.
• Financially, commercially and strategically strong, capable of understanding the total business with an experience base that extends beyond finance.
• Possess the technical skills to manage the finances of a dynamic omni-channel retail business.
• A modern business leader and CFO with ambition, for themselves and the business. Applicants will be self-assured, self-aware and emotionally mature - they will possess first class communication skills.
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Partners; Amy Parkinson on 0161 498 3423 or Lucy Ramsbottom on 0161 498 3418.
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?