BMI Group is part of the Standard Industries family of companies, operating globally and employing around 11,000 employees worldwide. We are a dynamic organisation housing various construction brands that collectively make up the largest roofing and waterproofing business in the world.
We believe that a roof is so much more than the shelter and protection above us. Today it can also be a power station, a living space, a garden or even a work of art.
This thinking has lead us to the point of a major digital transformation, internally and externally, that will see us offering truly innovative products and services direct to our end consumers; households and private property owners.
This transformational journey involves the exciting set up of our new Digital Lab/Tech Hub in Reading that will employ some of the best tech talent out there. The Test Manager will become a vital piece of that new digital and IT team.
Reporting into the Head of Solution Design and Delivery, the Test Manger is responsible for building and leading the Testing Team for the success of test phases in the project; defining the scope of testing within the context of each release/delivery, deploying and managing resources needed for testing.
Along with applying the appropriate test measurements and metrics in the product and the Testing Team, you will also be planning and deploying the testing effort for any given engagement.
What will you be doing in the role
You will take ownership of the Test Strategy, Test Plan and Test Report for the project and have a thorough understanding of technical and functional requirements / specifications.
• Translation of these requirements into testable scenarios and objectives with the management and creation of test phase schedules and alignment of test resources, test activities, and suppliers during test phase
• Manage any third party vendors / solution integrators
• Chair Defect Management Triages to ensure defects are managed from New to Closure in a timely and effective manner
• Working in collaboration with the Portfolio Office to ensure standards are being met including documentation, reporting and check-points, producing clear and accurate progress reports for all projects in line with IT Governance and Reporting Calendar
At BMI we are not only forward thinking as a business but we look for these traits in our people. You will hear how we collaborate, work together as a team to get things done and allow you the space and time to do your job with a high level of autonomy.
The Test Manager will be an outstanding communicator, with excellent problem solving, time management and organisational skills. You will have proven expertise in Test Management.
• Experience of working with test tools and systems (Worksoft and Solman preferred) during implementation and post go live as releases are managed.
• Knowledge of Project/Test methodologies i.e.: Scrum/Agile/VModel/Waterfall
• PMP Qualified (desirable), Agile or Lean Certifications (desirable)
• Planning and Control skills, using Microsoft Project, Gantter or Planview
• Experience of working with toolsets including: HP UFT, Worksoft Certify, Tricentis TOSCA, SOLMAN CBTA 7.2
As you can imagine, not just our thinking is innovative but so is our approach to our people. We have a fantastic collaborative working environment that offers autonomy, encourages ideas and innovation and lasting career paths.
Our salary and benefits package is generous and we genuinely embrace diversity and inclusion, offering the best opportunities to the whole team.
We see further and we hope to see you under our roof.
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Talent Solutions; Maggie McWeeney on +44 7912565353
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?