Do you want to play a pivotal role in the growth of Executive Education and the development of Custom programmes at Imperial College Business School? Are you able to build considerable, profitable and enduring high quality relationships with large companies? We are looking for a Client Director to join our fast-paced and growing team.
The Client Director will take overall accountability for profitability and growth for several new and existing clients. This includes qualifying, shaping, agreeing, contracting and mobilising agreed programmes.
About the department:
Executive Education at Imperial College Business School continues to be a growing field. Building upon Imperial’s resources, intellectual assets and networks, the programmes develop strategic leadership capabilities, typically in innovation-intensive industries.
In June 2018, Executive Education developed a new strategy that builds on the many successes to date and the great strengths of both the Business School and the wider College. This strategy has been widely debated and supported by College and Business School senior management. As well as a revised strategic positioning, we intend to combine impactful experiential learning with high quality research-backed theory and world leading Edtech capabilities. To enable this element of the strategy, we are continuing to grow our team. The Client Director is an additional role, working alongside the existing Client Relationships Director.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Responsible for sourcing, targeting, and winning new Custom business, as well as introducing Open Programmes. Ensure all opportunities are fully captured, explored and, through working closely with faculty, take responsibility for the production and/or coordination of proposals or tenders, often to tight deadlines, and for subsequent presentations and negotiations.
• Prepare and deliver new business proposals including project scoping, preparation of proposal documents and pitch presentations and leading negotiation of pricing and commercial terms
• Manage and cultivate existing key accounts, working with Programme Directors and others as appropriate
• Responsible for defining and executing on account plans
• Accountable for monitoring the quality and impact of the service delivery, working closely with Executive Education’s support team
• Contribute to the development of programme direction, teaching and relationship skills amongst Imperial College Business School and Imperial College faculty
• Develop, implement and manage an attractive and profitable portfolio of 5-10 (depending on size and complexity) Custom clients per year, matching customer needs and the strengths of the school’s wider resources and competencies (School and College faculty, academic and corporate networks, external management development consultants, coaches and other professional trainers, etc.).
• Contribute to developing a public presence in the industry and network at a senior level through a variety of B2B business development, networking and public representation activities (client meetings, professional networks and events, school events, public conferences, journal articles etc.)
In order to be successful in this role you will need to possess:
• A professionally recognised degree in a relevant business related subject, plus a number of years’ experience in a similar role, or substantial relevant experience including direct commercial experience
• Proven success and track record in a B2B customer facing role at the highest level, with demonstrated ability to identify, establish and maintain relationships with clients
• Well-developed knowledge and experience of management development process and practice
• Experience and skills of operating effectively in a large complex organisation
• Experience of managing third party suppliers and contractors
• Demonstrated ability to think creatively to drive business growth and profit
• Strong commercial acumen and negotiations skills, experienced at managing budgets and familiar with general commercial contract terms
• Excellent project management and planning skills
• Exceptional communication, interpersonal and networking skills
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a dynamic, growing team and you will directly help to shape the future of Executive Education. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Imperial College London has engaged the services of Odgers Berndtson, to whom applications should be sent at your earliest convenience and in any event by no later than 09.00 (GMT) Friday 15th March 2019.
The final interview with Imperial College London will take place in mid-April.
How to apply
In order to apply, please submit a comprehensive curriculum vitae along with a covering letter, setting out your interest in the role and details of how you match the required criteria. Please include in a separate document the names and addresses of three referees. Referees will not be approached until the final stages and not without prior permission from candidates.
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?