The purpose of this job is to support Trinseo business objectives by:
• Assuring the delivery of material to our customer’s requested destination safely, on-time, undamaged, and with the right paperwork.
• Resolving logistics issues quickly with the appropriate action taken.
• Monitoring logistics costs for accuracy.
• Driving improvements through identification of work process improvements, root cause investigations, and reporting / data analysis.
• Responsible for the oversight of warehouse and carriers in effectively managing all inbound and outbound shipments including logistics changes and exceptions requiring special arrangements.
• Accountable for all data transactions related to inbound, outbound and inventory being entered on a timely basis.
• Responsible for management and coordination of logistics activities related to Marine Packed Cargo import processing
• Facilitate logistics service provider relationships including providing input on performance.
For more information about Program T2020 and the opportunities available, please visit The T2020 Career Center at https://t2020.trinseo.com
• Bachelor’s Degree in a business, logistics, supply chain, finance, or technology related field is preferred.
• 1 – 2 years’ experience in a relevant service role (e.g. Procurement, Strategic Sourcing, Customer Service, Finance, or Supply Chain disciplines) for single mode LSR roles
• Strong chemical experience is a must, especially within distribution, customs clearance and warehousing
• Managing multiple and conflicting priorities.
• Effective problem solving and exceptional interpersonal skills.
• Attention to detail and follow through to resolution.
• Spoken and written fluency in English required
Trinseo is a world leader in the production of plastics, latex binders, and synthetic rubber - a new kind of global materials company at the intersection of people, technology, and customers, built on several decades of technology leadership.
We are focused on delivering innovative and sustainable products that touch lives every day – products that are intrinsic to how we live our lives – across a wide range of end-markets. Our materials can be found in just about every market and industry from consumer electronics, appliances, medical devices and performance car tires.
By 2020, we plan to have completely revolutionized our global operations, in order to support the continued success.
We have launched an exciting, transformation programme called T2020, where you will be given the opportunity from day one to bring new ideas, innovation and support to Trinseo into the next chapter in its story.
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?