The purpose of this job is to support Trinseo business objectives by:
• Assuring the delivery of material to our manufacturing sites and/or customer’s requested destination safely, on-time, undamaged, and with the right paperwork.
• Resolving logistics issues quickly with the appropriate action taken.
• Monitoring logistics costs for accuracy.
• Driving improvements through identification of work process improvements, root cause investigations, and reporting /data analysis.
• Responsibilities include: vessel nomination, coordination with 3rd party service provider for vessel vetting and last cargo check, vessel and barge qualification and acceptance by terminal/jetty, operational oversight during voyage, freight and demurrage verification and payment, and providing input on supplier performance.
• Provide effective and timely communication across internal and external partners.
Trinseo is a world leader in the production of plastics, latex binders, and synthetic rubber - a new kind of global materials company at the intersection of people, technology, and customers, built on several decades of technology leadership.
We are focused on delivering innovative and sustainable products that touch lives every day – products that are intrinsic to how we live our lives – across a wide range of end-markets. Our materials can be found in just about every market and industry from consumer electronics, appliances, medical devices and performance car tires.
By 2020, we plan to have completely revolutionized our global operations, in order to support the continued success.
We have launched an exciting, transformation programme called T2020, where you will be given the opportunity from day one to bring new ideas, innovation and support to Trinseo into the next chapter in its story.
For more information about Program T2020 and the opportunities available, please visit The T2020 Career Center at https://t2020.trinseo.com
Bachelor’s Degree in a Business, Logistics, Supply chain, Finance, or Technology related field is preferred. However, individuals with other qualifications will be considered (e.g., other relevant education).
2+ years’ experience in a relevant service role (e.g. Procurement, Strategic Sourcing, Customer Service, Finance, or Supply Chain disciplines)
• Managing multiple and conflicting priorities.
• Effective problem solving.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Follow through to resolution.
• Meeting business service standards.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
• Spoken and written fluency in English and Chinese required
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?