Trinseo is a world leader in the production of plastics, latex binders, and synthetic rubber - a new kind of global materials company at the intersection of people, technology, and customers, built on several decades of technology leadership.
We are focused on delivering innovative and sustainable products that touch lives every day – products that are intrinsic to how we live our lives – across a wide range of end-markets. Our materials can be found in just about every market and industry from consumer electronics, appliances, medical devices and performance car tires.
By 2020, we plan to have completely revolutionized our global operations, in order to support the continued success.
We have launched an exciting, transformation programme called T2020, where you will be given the opportunity from day one to bring new ideas, innovation and support to Trinseo into the next chapter in its story.
For more information about Program T2020 and the opportunities available, please visit The T2020 Career Center at https://t2020.trinseo.com
• Key role in ensuring that the requirements and business processes associated with domestic and international border movements function smoothly.
• Coordination of issuance of export and import policies, procedures, methods, and practices to facilitate better implementation of company objectives.
• International Trade Specialists are responsible for providing valuable expert insights concerning the requirements and obligations of exporting and importing various goods.
• Responsible for coordination of corrective actions as necessary to follow compliance measures.
• In conjunction with working with third party ITO Trade Compliance partner and forwarding agents ensures that product flow meets global trade compliance regulations and that all documentation is correct and in order.
• Oversight in management of ECC data (GTS) integrity.
Run the Business:
• Overall responsibility for any customs-related operational issues on site, as well as warehouses and terminals.
• Act as contact point for businesses and other functions for advice and assistance in case of non-standard customs related operational issues or questions.
• Act as contact person and responsible party representing to customs authorities.
• Implement proper work processes within the function to ensure compliance with regulations and adherence to customs licenses.
• Define and manage reporting requirements via ECC and manual reporting outside of the system
• Arrange record retention as per company and legal requirements of the region for his/her responsibility
• Specialist for free trade agreements
• Assist the Logistics Service Coordinators in troubleshooting the main logistical issues / barriers as to why imports are not arriving on time and to the correct port.
• License management.
• Investigate custom implications for new business and material flows between countries or regions as well as analysis of existing business and material flows to ensure best practices from custom perspective are being utilized.
• Analyzing and applying customs and trade techniques to provide Trinseo businesses with a competitive advantage in use of preferential origin.
• Maximize duty drawback opportunities.
Minimum Education Required:
• Bachelor degree required (Supply Chain, International Trade, Logistics).
(years and type):
• 4-6 years’ experience in international trade, import / export compliance or equivalent. International trade certification (e.g. CITP, certified freight forwarder, certified customs broker) preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Ability to be self-directed, detail oriented, adapt to changing work efforts and manage shifting priorities.
• Conceptual and practical expertise in Global / Regional Trade Compliance or Global / Regional Trade Operations.
• Working knowledge of import, export, and country-specific trade regulations.
• Excellent writing and communications skills. Ability to clearly explain complex concepts and technical regulations, policies and standards.
• Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Audit experience and skills desired.
• Experience or ability to work in global trade data management system (GTS).
• Ability to collaborate with internal and external network to achieve company goals.
• Exposure to and understanding of commerce and commercial terms (INCO Terms) as well as trade compliance practices and procedures.
• Spoken and written fluency in English required.
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?