From its headquarters in Warrington, the business operates c.2,500 vehicles, c.4,000 trailers and 26 distribution centres throughout the UK and Europe. Through acquisition, Eddie Stobart Logistics’ network and scale has grown, further adding to a full range of services offered to customers across the whole end-to-end supply chain.
A Director of Financial Planning & Analysis is being appointed to support the continued
growth of the business. The Director of Financial Planning & Analysis will implement robust planning, budgeting, forecasting and management reporting. This will ensure the leadership has accurate, insightful information to support their decision making and that the business is well controlled and meets its objectives. The Director of Financial Planning & Analysis will report to the CFO but have regular interaction with the Chief Executive and Executive Leadership Team.
• Manage all aspects of financial planning and analysis for the Group, including analysis and reporting to Executive management and the Board.
• Lead the Group budget and strategic planning processes, including drafting instructions, timetables, liaising with local teams, reviewing the consolidation of the Group budget and drafting the Group budget presentation.
• Provision of supporting analysis to the Group Financial Controller and CFO for external events, such as interim management statements and results presentations.
• Provision of support to senior Group and local management, inputting to business and strategic planning, assessing capital investment projects and supporting the evaluation of new contract bids.
• A qualified finance professional capable of shaping and leading a high performing Group Financial Planning & Analysis function befitting a £600m turnover Group in a lean, competitive industry. They will have a strong record of providing valued added analysis from a prior FP&A role in a sizeable Group within logistics, retail or manufacturing.
• A candidate who has the commercial, operational and strategic insight to challenge and influence the Executive and wider business using excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong project management skills. The individual will have extensive experience of managing teams and projects. The individual will have a track record of meeting deadlines and delivering high quality accurate work, as well as a drive toward continuous improvements – tightening controls, improving reporting and enabling finance to better support the business.
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Partners; Amy Parkinson on +44 161 498 3423.
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?