SIG UK Exteriors (SIGE) is the largest and only national specialist supplier of roofing products in the UK.
Key products include: tiles, slates, membranes, batten for pitched roofs, single-ply flat roof systems, industrial roofing, cladding systems and room-in-roof panel systems.
Following the recruitment of a new Managing Director, a new role is being created to help support the Finance Director as he focusses more of his time on strategy and growth.
The Finance Director is looking to appoint a Head of Planning & Performance to act as a strong right-hand person and eventually take over his role.
The newly created role will support the Finance Director in the day to day running of the finance planning. The role will manage planning and performance processes and provide insight in support of the Finance Director and Business Unit Leaders across SIGE. The role reports directly to the Finance Director – UK Exteriors and will manage one direct report (the Commercial Finance Manager for SIGE).
The Company has a combined turnover of c£350m through a number of divisions and specialist businesses across the UK from 115 locations.
The new post holder will be responsible for;
• Controlling the total company performance forecasts, budget process and MTP financial modelling.
• Preparing board finance papers, supporting analysis and insight through partnering with Divisional Directors coordinating their forecasts and controlling the overall position for the business.
• Providing strong commercial finance support to SIGE’s business units giving financial insight, driving improvement in performance.
• Managing the management control and reporting system process, tracking financial performance and strategic initiatives KPI’s.
The post holder will be a qualified finance professional with a strong commercial finance background. They will be emotionally intelligent and will have the capability to step into a leadership position over time.
This role will suit a highly intelligent, driven and ambitious individual, looking to progress.
The appointed candidate will be;
• An experienced and degree level educated, financially qualified professional with a commercial finance background.
• An astute business partner, with strong consulting and communication skills, together with experience of providing finance support for strategic decision making and business development.
• Commercially astute with strong business awareness and commercial acumen gained from experience in a finance role within a division (or Head office support function) of a large multi-site corporate.
• Have excellent presentation and reporting writing skills with strong analytical and financial modelling skills (principally Microsoft Excel and Cognos).
• A strong team player with good collaborative style with peers and colleagues from other functions.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to progress within their career with the opportunity to gain invaluable experience.
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Partners; Tahira Raja on 0207 529 1036 or Lucy Ramsbottom on 0161 498 3418.
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?