• The Textiles division includes PIL Membranes Ltd (PIL); and Nanoflam, who make a fire-retardant coating for PPE, based in Barnsley.
• The Ceramics division includes PCL Ceramics for pressure casting; and KLT Filtration, who provide innovative water filtration products, including potentially the first anti-viral filtration membrane.
PIL is the largest subsidiary in the Group specialising in the development and manufacture of specialist coatings and membranes used as barrier and filtration technologies. Recognised as one of the world leaders in advanced materials for performance outerwear, they specialise in water vapour transmission products with a range of applications:
• Military and emergency service uniforms.
• Leather effect membranes for children’s school shoes (50% of all school shoes sold in the UK have PIL membranes).
• Sport and leisure footwear, garments and accessories.
• Motor biking equipment.
• Technical, industrial clothing (including anti-static and fire and chemical retardant garments).
• Printing blankets for decorating pre-formed rigid tins and containers, such as yoghurt pots.
The company are focused on developing their presence in existing markets, and diversifying into high growth specification led product environments that can benefit from their porous and microporous materials expertise.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Operations Director to join PIL to drive operational delivery in a 24/7 production facility.
The Operations Director will be responsible for:
• Chemical and manufacturing activities on site in King’s Lynn, including maintaining best in class processes and standards for hazardous chemical production.
• Leadership of a team of c. 70 people in production, engineering, process management and continuous improvement.
• Adherence to all safety standards and procedures in line with industry regulations; working closely with the relevant regulatory bodies and authorities.
• Working cross functionally and introducing change where appropriate.
• Driving continuous improvement within PIL’s manufacturing operations.
The Operations Director will possess extensive experience associated with working in chemical processing or a closely related field such as food processing. You will have:
• A demonstrable track record of successful operations management and improvement in a large-scale process plant, ideally in the chemical field.
• Results-driven attitude with rigorous accountability for achieving high levels of individual and company performance.
• Honesty and emotional intelligence; able to secure commitment, drive and enthusiasm from colleagues.
• First class communication skills, able to work with internal stakeholders and external regulatory bodies.
The Operations Director will be based in King’s Lynn. Relocation will be supported if required. An excellent base salary plus a benefits package including generous employer-matched contribution pension, and a discretionary bonus is on offer.
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Partners:
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?