They also offer an array of associated services, including training solutions, maintenance and modernisation programmes to support ships and equipment in service around the world; and the management of supporting infrastructure.
The Customer Support & Strategy Manager will provide leadership and development of MOD information and knowledge management accounts across Defence Equipment & Support, Navy Command Headquarters and the Submarines Delivery Organisation to drive business winning activity at a strategic account level or group of accounts within the Maritime Sector. This includes ongoing opportunities for BAE’s Unit Maintenance Management System (UMMS) capability, and development of next generation products that could be used by the Royal Navy.
You will be responsible for strategic positioning of BAE across the Maritime Sector into the key platform and information programmes; tasked to:
• Act as the primary focus to develop and deliver the product and sector strategy based on customer trends and knowledge of the MOD and commercial domains.
• Deliver coherent product and sales strategies with excellent understanding of emergent technologies and their application.
• Develop strategic partnerships both in UK and overseas and position our products at the C-Suite level.
• Generate growth either directly for Maritime Services, or by developing high quality customer and/or partner relationships that lead to new business.
The role will report to the Head of Information Systems & Services and involve managing accounts through their lifecycle, developing existing accounts and new prospective clients, understanding competitors and monitoring the market using your pre-existing network in the industry.
You will have prior experience in MOD contracting, MOD user experience or specific MOD domain knowledge across the Concept, Assessment, Demonstration, Manufacture, In-Service, Disposal (CADMID) lifecycle.
You will offer the following:
• Demonstrable track record in the UK defence market and in particular the Royal Navy.
• Working knowledge of defence budgeting and contracting methods.
• Strong relationship management skills.
• Trusted operator with values, integrity and self-belief.
• Capacity to analyse and act upon complex and diverse information.
• Able to lead and collaborate.
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Partners:
+44 161 654 5920 / +44 7793 529 579
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?