• With annual sales of circa £35m, and a strong EBITDA performance, this organisation is a leading manufacturer and distributor of speciality chemicals to the industrial, personal care, home care, and oil field sectors.
• Part of a privately-owned and entrepreneurial group, the company has undergone recent investment in its manufacturing capability, to support its ambition for substantial sales growth.
• Now undergoing an exciting phase of transformation, the company requires a Commercial Director to develop its sales capability and enable the business to meet its strategic goals.
• A board director, and responsible for a team of 7 people, you will be accountable for setting and achieving the company’s annual target sales budget and commercial KPIs.
• Driving and measuring your sales team through a formal performance management approach, your role is to establish a culture of accountability and continuous growth - improving the sales team’s forecast accuracy and rate of conversion in the process.
• A key focus of your role will be to attract new business in new industries, new geographies and new chemistry.
• You will be a proven and highly ambitious sales leader, with a demonstrated track record of success within the speciality chemicals environment, ideally with direct knowledge of the personal care, home care or oil field sectors. You will have had the benefit of having worked in a structured and driven sales environment, with the ability to apply your experience effectively across different organisations.
• You will be hands-on, customer facing, and ambitious. Capable of engaging with blue-chip clients at a senior and strategic level, you will be accomplished at establishing new markets and territories, whilst protecting and growing existing relationships.
• You will be well-educated – with a relevant first degree in Chemistry and ideally a further qualification in business management.
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Partners; Zaid Gulraiz on 0121 654 5925
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?