The Operations Director is the Board position responsible for leading customer operations for the BES energy supply businesses. The role is responsible for the on-boarding of customers all the way through the customer cycle of metering, billing, customer service and complaints, payments and collections, up to the closure of the customer relationship.
Additionally, this role is the BES Board lead for the BES Metering Services business. The metering business started in May 2019 and is both the meter install and management solution for the BES Energy companies, as well as operating an Engineer for Hire model to support other suppliers in the sector.
The role assumes responsibility for the majority of the 200 FTE in the UK in the supply business, supported by 50 FTE in an offshore centre in Cape Town, SA (in a separate but jointly owned and managed entity). In addition, there is a small operations team for BES Metering Services and a field team of 50 engineers which is expected to grow significantly as the business grows.
We are looking for an experienced leader who has extensive knowledge of the Utilities sector and will meet the following criteria:
• Five years plus experience in senior operational leadership within energy supply, smart metering or another adjacent sector.
• Can balance the operational needs within the business, whilst considering the overall strategic objectives of the organisation.
• Excellent stakeholder management skills with the ability to translate complex business requirements.
• Has a collaborative approach, working closely with functional leaders and across the Board.
• Knowledge of working within a regulated sector, but able to innovate within an entrepreneurial environment.
• Has excellent people management skills and is a great communicator.
• Committed to providing the highest levels of service to internal and external customers.
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Partners:
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?