There is a distinct growth opportunity within energy services, providing businesses and residents with more varied and sustainable energy sources. IEG plan to offer a full range of smart energy solutions and have created a new Business Development Director position to drive this initiative.
Initially focused in Guernsey, the Business Development Director will work with the Board and Executive Management Team (EMT) of IEG to deliver long term sustainable sales across a range of behind the meter energy products and services that complement existing capability; and bring competitive advantage, growth and increased profitability to the Group.
The Business Development Director will oversee the current commercial team, and build the capability to offer diverse energy services that are economically and environmentally attractive. Reporting to the Group Managing Director you will:
• Develop and drive the sales and marketing strategy for energy provision across Guernsey, Jersey and the Isle of Man, including both established and new technologies.
• Act as a trusted member of IEG’s Board to drive the business forward and achieve its goals. This will include utilising the new electricity licence obtained in Guernsey, building ‘Behind the Meter’ generation and storage offerings, and developing community-based solutions.
• Develop relationships with key external stakeholders, including B2B and B2C customers, service providers and regulatory bodies across the gas and renewable energy sectors.
• Defining and executing appropriate sales strategies, business development, marketing, technical, operations, pricing strategies and sales support programs to maximize sales and profitability.
• Provide effective and inspiring leadership across the commercial department and wider business of IEG.
The successful candidate will have a detailed knowledge of service offerings in the UK energy markets; and be able to apply this knowledge within the specific landscape in Guernsey, Jersey and the Isle of Man.
‘Behind the Meter’ energy generation and storage expertise would be advantageous. You will be a self-starter with the creativity to devise and then implement new initiatives.
Your background is likely to include:
• Experience of developing a B2C market and an understanding of B2B environments.
• Familiarity with the regulatory landscape and challenges of decarbonisation.
• Strong communication, negotiation and influencing skills.
• Excellent Presentation and relationship management capability.
An excellent base salary is on offer plus a package that could include both an annual and long-term incentive plan for the right individual.
Full relocation to Guernsey can be offered or support for accommodation during the week.
If you have any queries or would like more information regarding this document, please contact:
David Thomas, Partner
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?