BMI Group is part of the Standard Industries family of companies, operating globally and employing around 11,000 employees worldwide. We are a dynamic organisation housing various construction brands that collectively make up the largest roofing and waterproofing business in the World.
We believe that a roof is so much more than the shelter and protection above us. Today it can also be a power station, a living space, a garden or even a work of art.
This thinking has lead us to the point of a major digital transformation, internally and externally, that will see us offering truly innovative products and services direct to our end consumers; households and private property owners.
This transformational journey involves the exciting set up of our new Digital Lab/Tech Hub in Reading that will employ some of the best tech talent out there. As the Junior Project Manager, you will become a vital piece of that new digital and IT team.
As a HR, Finance and Procurement Project Manager in our pioneering Tech team, you’ll be leading internal and external teams from a variety of technical disciplines, orchestrating the process to ensure the successful delivery of systems for the business.
Naturally, you’ll be making sure your assigned projects produce the agreed deliverables in terms of quality, time and cost (they’re likely to be a mix of small and medium size projects with varying levels of complexity).
With you joining the business at the beginning of our exciting transformation, you’re likely to notice a significant step change in the direction of the business as a direct result of your contribution, paving the way for exciting, meaningful future opportunities and leaving a lasting legacy behind.
What will you be doing in the role
Reporting into the Senior Project Manager, you will be managing projects through all relevant stages of the project lifecycle:
• Develop and maintain project plans, keeping them up to date with real time information, tracking activities against plans (for example: Work Requests, Cost Estimates, Business Cases, CAPEX/OPEX Forecasts, Change Requests etc.)
• Produce and communicate clear and accurate progress reports for all projects to all relevant stakeholders
• Measure project performance and perform any corrective actions
• Communicate performance, progress and corrective actions to senior stakeholders (CxO)
• Collaborate with other Project Managers, Solution and technical Architects, DevOps and Test Managers to define and breakdown releases, ensuring they are understood and smoothly transitioned
• Assess and monitor project resource demands, identifying areas where issues may exist and address them accordingly
• Forecast and set budget requirements for projects, whilst ensuring effective utilisation of available resources within budget provision
At BMI we are not only forward thinking as a business but we look for these traits in our people. You will hear how we collaborate, work together as a team to get things done and allow you the space and time to do your job with a high level of autonomy.
A Junior Project Manager at BMI Group is not your average Project Manager. There’s nothing average about BMI Group and the huge transformative journey we’re on and that goes for the people that choose to join us, too.
This role would suit someone who has ambitions to grow and develop with a fast paced, pioneering organisation. Perhaps you have a vision of leading a Centre of Excellence for Robotics Process Automation in future, or you’d like to develop into a Solutions Architecture role. Either way, there are opportunities here for your personal growth and in the meantime, we ask for a few things that you can demonstrate today:
• You’ll be a well rounded individual with a curious and analytical mind
• PMP qualified
• Experienced in SAP technologies and non SAP automation technologies (RPA, Blueprism etc.)
• Delivery experience using AGILE and ability to integrate AGILE delivery within a standard project framework
• Ideally, experience of working with Agile and DevOps teams
• Good project Governance – in terms of Quality, Budget and Schedule
• Excellent stakeholder management
• Experience of managing delivery through all stages of the lifecycle (Inception, Discovery, Delivery, Transition and Closure)
As you can imagine, not just our thinking is innovative but so is our approach to our people. We have a fantastic collaborative working environment that offers autonomy, encourages ideas and innovation and lasting career paths.
Our salary and benefits package is generous and we genuinely embrace diversity and inclusion, offering the best opportunities to the whole team.
We see further and we hope to see you under our roof.
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Talent Solutions; Lucy Thomas on 07469 892 483.
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?